What do you know about Lavender Hill?

Travel discussion for St. John
mindehankins

What do you know about Lavender Hill?

Post by mindehankins »

Emily at Cimmaron got us booked and paid in about 10 minutes over the phone this evening. THANK YOU, Emily! You saved the day!
I've never been there. Does anyone have any inside info, advice, etc?
Making a ticker in the morning! Or maybe tonight :D
mit43

Re: What do you know about Lavender Hill?

Post by mit43 »

We have stayed there a couple times and had no problems. The pool didn't get much sun, but it was a nice place to sit after a day at the beach. The free use of the laundry room was a big help!
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

Ditto to Mit43. Also would like to add that its so cool to be a short walk to town.
LisaMW

Post by LisaMW »

I've stayed at Lavender Hill three times now, and am already booked there for another visit this summer. I think it's one of the best values available if you want to be able to walk to "town."

I've stayed in units 2W and 3W and have been perfectly happy with each. They're furnished similarly and aren't particularly fancy, but they are in good shape, clean, and well equipped. Both have great views, and are reasonably quiet.

Lisa
Beesmom

Post by Beesmom »

We stayed last August (5W) and were very happy with our choice. Not worrying about finding a parking spot in town because we could walk was a huge bonus. If I didn't feel like making a beer run I made a beer walk to a little convenience store next to Gallows Point. The best place to drink said beer was out on the balcony while watching all the boat activity in Cruz Bay. My son loved the pool and the cats.

Enjoy! :wink:

-Sandy
melmd

Post by melmd »

Love Lavander Hill! Great price, great owner's, great location.. Just great! We don't drive when it's just us girls going down so Lavander Hill is our place to stay. Enjoy your trip!
Dan

Post by Dan »

I've been staying at Lavender Hill for years. I used to book some of the villas around the island but Lavender Hill offers such a good deal and the convenience of being just a quick walk from the down town. Plus like others mentioned there is parking too.
Some updating needs to be done but those folks keep the condos very clean and we have never had any problems.
On my blog I've have posted some pictures from trips over the years. I've stayed in just about every one of the one and two bedroom units. They are all very nice.

http://www.sunshinelobster.com

enjoy.

~dan
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

We stayed at LH at the end of September during the (very) low season. There were renovations happening then, so I suspect several of the units have received recent facelifts. We enjoyed our stay a lot, particularly the easy walk into town. Do you know which unit you'll be in? We had 3W which had already had updates done on the kitchen and baths. The view from the wrap-around deck was fabulous! I think you'll be pleased with your choice. Say hello to the kitties, Squeaky, Ducky, and Bill, for me. :D
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Sweet! Thanks for all the perspective!
cliffnchristi

Post by cliffnchristi »

We love it there! Stayed in 8E in 2011 for our 25th anniversary and have the same unit booked for this coming summer. Very clean, the pool is great, the viewss are great and the free laundry and detergent is a nice touch. The on-site manager is there if you need him and he is great. Loved the resident kitties; Squeaky would hang out in front of our door and greet you in the parking lot each evening when you walked back from Cruz Bay. Being able to walk to Cruz Bay at will and never have to worry about parking is soooo nice. It's gonna be hard to ever persuade us to go back to a villa. We have a lot of pictures of the inside of 8E as well as pictures of the view, the pool and the grounds. Feel free to PM me if you would like to see them. I really think you will pleased and satisfied.
pmlykens

Post by pmlykens »

Have stayed there twice. They are very easy to deal with and were very understanding when we had to cancel, due to a family illness. Charlie, the onsite manager is a great guy. My Bride really likes being able to walk into town for dinner. The last bit of the walk is a bit steep, but not that big a deal. I would not call the units luxury; but they are very comfortable and certainly a wonderfull value. The pool area is in the shade by the time we get back from the beach, which we really enjoy. We like the units with the wrap around deck best.

Phil
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

The kitties are a plus! I love cats, but am allergic so I never get to interact with them. The tiny cat at Cruz Views now, who took over Dickhead's territory, is SO adorable I thought about getting shots and trying to adopt him/her. When Sunny (the caretaker) came in the first evening we were there, he asked "so do you have the cat, or do I?" I knew just what he meant, and told him "we've got the cat." He ate well. I couldn't pet him, but he knew he was appreciated :)
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

You will enjoy Lavender Hill, Minde. Although not upscale, the place is very comfortable (we stayed at 2W). The folks there are very friendly and nice. We wanted to drop off our luggage at the unit early and they let us do that with no issues at all.

Side note: I just read your trip report (I was out of country and rather busy - my excuse for the delay). Glad that you and Jillian had a great St. John time together!
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

We will also be staying at Lavender Hill for the first time. It's great to see all the positive feedback! Really looking forward to getting back to St. john!
Last edited by Beachnut513 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Just returned from a week at Lavender Hill booked through Cimmaron. The unit is Lavender Blue Seas. great spacious and modern bathroom looks brand new. Pool was nice, deep and ICE COLD. fantastic view from the balcony on the 2nd floor. parking right adjacent to the door. unit was well stocked with paper goods, coffee and a bottle of rum plus detergent and softener. Everything almost soundproof when you close the doors. AC in BR makes it really quiet, you can only hear the rooster that crows all day and night. watch for the herd of goats just as you drive in. usually there late in the afternoon. Great place, great price, great service from Cimmaron Mgmt.