What has been your favorite villa and why?

Travel discussion for St. John
Mar

What has been your favorite villa and why?

Post by Mar »

We've been on island many times and have stayed in the same few villas over and over. This next trip will be with a larger group and we are looking at larger villas that could accomodate 10. I was interested to get some recent opinions on larger villas and why you love them. Thanks all!!!! :D
byado18

Re: What has been your favorite villa and why?

Post by byado18 »

Vida de Mar
http://www.vidademar.com

It is a beautiful 5 BR villa on Dever's Bay (at the mouth of chocolate Hole) with a path to a rocky beach. the bedrooms are spread out so there is lots of privacy but good areas for gathering, the view is terrific and we loved the pool! The owners were wonderful to work with!
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Great post..Will be watching for the replies to see which villas, and especially the "why's"...
We often travel with a large group as well...but have never rented a villa on STJ.
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

So far my favorite has been Blue Papaya in Virgin Grand Estates. It can accomodate up to 10 but the fourth master suite has a sitting area with two day beds that would have to share a bath. There are doors to separate the two areas but no separate bath in the day bed area although there is a half bath right next door by going out to the pool deck. There are separate doors out to the pool deck for each so that no one has to walk through the sitting room to get the the regular bedroom part. It's perfect if there are adults with children in the group.
KTinTX

Post by KTinTX »

I have two...I know...unfair, but I'll explain:

This past summer we splurged and spent a week at Kaleidoscope out on Ditleff Point. Amazing is the only word that I can think of that fits. Beautiful house with incredible views. Not likely to have the budget again for that trip anytime soon, but if we do it's at the top of the list. This trip was with our two teens who also loved the place.

My other favorite is Bongo Bongo. It was our first villa on our first trip to St. John back in '09, and it was just my wife and I. It's a great villa with good sunset views and nice everything. We are so looking forward to returning this summer without the kiddos!
KT
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Great Turtle Villa in Upper Carolina is my tops so far for the views, pool got sun all day, comfy deck furniture (that's where we spend most of our time!!) and bedrooms are situated privately. And did I mention the views!!! http://www.islandhideaways.com/stjohn/v ... at-turtle/

We just got back a couple weeks ago and stayed at Treasure Ridge in upper Chocolate Hole and I also LOVED the views there, and my only complaint with that villa was VERY uncomfortable, hard, hard beds!! Otherwise, the pool was great and the views and convenience to town were great!!
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Coco de Mer is a beautiful 5 bedroom villa. There are 3 separate buildings so the bedrooms have a lot of privacy. Tons of outdoor space and a large pool. I loved the West Indies decor. The walk down to the beach is a bit rough but very doable. Gorgeous views too!
JT

Post by JT »

Favorite villa? Same as my favorite beer: My next one.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
xxjpxx9

Post by xxjpxx9 »

We've only stayed at La Papaya but it was AMAZING.

It sits atop chocolate hole. It has an open living plan that includes two onsuite bedrooms on the upper level. The lower level has another spacious bedroom and another living space (Apartment) that includes two more bedrooms, another kitchen, and living room. There is a deck that runs the length of the villa on both level. There is also a pool and jacuzzi that over looks the bay!

Absolutely beautiful and would sleep 8-10 comfortably :)
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

My favorite villa is Reef Madness! Fell in love with it and then was lucky enough to meet to owners and knowing how wonderful they are makes they place even that more special! It won't meet your needs since it is only two bedrooms so I would pick Casa Bueno up on Bordeaux! It has four bedrooms. The view was wonderful, the sunrise great, the bananaquits, hummingbirds,etc were plentiful. Good luck finding your paradise!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

Our favorite 5 bedroom villa is Eden's Whim located in Chocolate Hole. The villa is very private and sits on 2 acres which is beautifully landscaped. All bedrooms were air conditioned and had their own bathroom. The master bedroom was larger than the other 4 bedrooms, but the other bedrooms were comfortable. Eden's Whim has a large pool, plenty of open space, and beautiful views to the west and east. It is also convenient to Cruz Bay. Would definitely stay at Eden's Whim again.

My brother and his family stayed at Villa Tesori located high up overlooking Fish Bay and Ditliff Point. Gorgeous, luxurious villa with amazing views. Fully airconditioned (with generator).