Our annual Virgin Island Trip Report

Travel discussion for St. John
Bob & Sharon

Our annual Virgin Island Trip Report

Post by Bob & Sharon »

We returned from a three-week escape to the Virgin Islands on Dec 19th. The trip started with two weeks on Virgin Gorda where we rented a house near Spring Bay for 10 days then 5 days at Little Dix Bay. We enjoyed snorkeling all over the island and eating at the Mineshaft, Hog Heaven and Chez Bamboo. Shopping is better now on VG thanks to the new Bucks wholesale. We finished up with a week at Caneel Bay on St John, which is summer camp for adults done right. The best restaurant on the island La Tapa in Cruz bay.

The trip was marvelous, as always. The water was clearer and weather calmer than previous years. We photographed and identified 243 fish and other wildlife this year, a new record for us. We saw only one Lionfish on Virgin Gorda and none on St John. The trip’s log, photographs and some videos can be found in a folder behind our website at the link:

www.doppstein.com/VG&SJ2012/

Hope you enjoy them!
Bob & Sharon
strat62

Re: Our annual Virgin Island Trip Report

Post by strat62 »

wow! an impressive collection of pics, that had to take some time to get together. thanks for the effort.
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Thanks Bob & Sharon! Now I don't have to say "I wonder what kind of fish or coral that was that i saw?" I can look at your pics! Thanks for posting and Merry Christmas to you and all the forumites...I have so enjoyed everyone's pictures, advice, and trip reports...nice group of people :D.

EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Love it! Thanks!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting