United Direct Flights: Question....

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

United Direct Flights: Question....

Post by flip-flop »

So if I book a direct flight from IAD (Dulles) to STT, what are the chances it will actually end up being a direct flight? I don't want to pay more just to have them cancel the flight and give me connections. This is for March if that matters. I vaguely remember having a direct flight before (might have been another airline) that got bagged and I ended up connecting somewhere.
jwwj

Re: United Direct Flights: Question....

Post by jwwj »

We've taken that direct flight 4 times ( I think united only flies direct mid-Dec - March) and we've had minor time changes but never had it changed from direct to a stop.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Family and I are on that flight on April 1. Hoping like crazy it stays direct.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

We've connected through both IAD and Charlotte many times and about half the time we end up with a stop in San Juan...they never told us in advance though, and we never found out until we were on the plane. It's a short stop, we've always just stayed on the plane except for once when my husband went in search of food, but it's still annoying when you're dying to get to STT.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
kma27

Post by kma27 »

We have direct flights from IAD to STT in February both there and back. We have never had a direct flight back; I actually never knew they offered it. We're very excited about that and, like you, we hope it isn't changed since it does tend to be more expensive. They have already changed the times of departures twice on both legs but not by much. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We took the non-stop from STT to IAD in May. It was WONDERFUL (!!) not having to "visit" another airport on the way home. I will definitely pay a premium to take it. We plan to take it round trip in May this year. It appears to be available on Saturdays in May too.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Thanks all. I will just keep my fingers crossed. Leaving Dulles at 9 am and arriving in STT before 1 pm is VERY enticing. Usually we are on a 6 or 7 am flight and are lucky to arrive by 2 or 3 pm!