Re: Favorite St. John pic

Post by luvinsun »

Simple tranquility
Tami
Image[/url]
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

samoka wrote:Thanks everyone. They are all beautiful. Can't wait to see it all in person.
Me too! :D This message board is keeping me sane, while I wait for July... WAY too far away for me! :(
BetsyV

jmq

Post by jmq »

When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

Minde- I love that one too!

JMQ- That first pic makes me want to stay at Gallows. Where was the second pic taken?
Jenn, News of St. John
jmq

Post by jmq »

CTBeachGirl wrote:Minde- I love that one too!

JMQ- That first pic makes me want to stay at Gallows. Where was the second pic taken?
Trunk Bay
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

liamsaunt wrote:]
like :D
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Where did you see the dolphin, Liamsaunt? I don't remember that. Was it you who's husband said several times that he heard a dolphin, and then it appeared?
Your octopus photo is one of my all time underwater photos!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

mindehankins wrote:Where did you see the dolphin, Liamsaunt? I don't remember that. Was it you who's husband said several times that he heard a dolphin, and then it appeared?
Your octopus photo is one of my all time underwater photos!
Minde, I saw the dolphins on my February 2009 trip. I probably posted that trip report before you joined the forum--I tend to put trip reports up right after I get back so I remember everything.

The dolphins were in Leinster Bay. There was actually a small group of them-three to four adults and one baby. We were able to observe this dolphin because it broke away from the group and came over to check us out. The dolphin was more interested in John than in me for some reason. John took a whole series of photos of the dolphin circling him while chattering away. We could not decide if the dolphin was simply curious or deciding whether we were some sort of threat. It was exciting and also a little scary.

Yes, it was John who heard the dolphins. That was a different trip, and it was not as dramatic as him hearing them and then they appeared right away. He heard them one afternoon when we were snorkeling off Caneel Bay's Cottage Point, and then we actually saw dolphins the next morning out by the mooring balls at Scott Beach.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

I love seeing underwater photos. Thanks for posting. (I guess I kind of miss "TGIF Underwater Pic" that Parafins started several years ago.)

I remember your dolphin at Leinster story, liamsaunt. I was envious... and felt a little nervous for you at the same time for the reason you mentioned. Okay, more envious than nervous. :)

Goldentail Morays at Great Lameshur.
This was the only time I've seen some interactions between two eels. No idea if they were related or lovers or something else.

Conch at Brown Bay

Hawksbill at Hawksnest

mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

It's hard to say whether I'd be more mesmerized or afraid, if I ran into dolphins on St. John. Even theoretically LOL - I'm a little afraid :wink:
Pickle, those are all magical shots! Was the eel pic ever submitted to any contests? It's very, very special!
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

No contests for me but I appreciate your kind words, Minde. We were on St. John in May/June last year and were too late for the manta sightings. I remember looking at the absolutely beautiful water at Francis and sighing a few times. Well, I'll just take it as it comes and look forward to the day that I can be as lucky as you were.
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

First time at Cinnamon ...
Cinnamon Bay.JPG
Sorry, have to click on it to see it.
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
oneknee

Post by oneknee »

The baby donkey...

Gibney Palm

Eagle ray
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Enjoying these photos a lot! They all bring a smile to my face- maybe for Christmas I will put my pics in Picassa file so I can try to upload a few to this page since Steve is the usual photo poster!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting