Flying while pregnant with TWINS

Travel discussion for St. John
PatrickMcc

Flying while pregnant with TWINS

Post by PatrickMcc »

Just found out my daughter is pregnant with twins. We are scheduled for St John in mid- February when she will be in her second trimester.
From googling I realize it will be up to her doctor to decide and doctors differ on this issue. Just wondering if anyone on this board has had any experience doing this. P. S. Travel Guard insurance doesn't cover pregnancy.
PA Girl

Re: Flying while pregnant with TWINS

Post by PA Girl »

Congrats to your family!

Speaking from experience, don't goggle for pregnancy related advice. You will find the wackiest stuff out there and it will drive you crazy!

Some women feel fantastic and go through pregnancy feeling just great, others not so much and feel a need to restrict their activities.

I travelled quite a bit while pregnant with no problems at all. Overall I felt fantastic while pregnant so it there was no reason not to do something I enjoyed.

Did your daughter offer any thought on the trip yet? Is this her first?
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

Thanks Pa. Well my daughter said she assumed she could fly but she had just found out. She has a 2 year old and we vacationed in Mexico when she was pregnant. Now that I have been thinking this over this morning I am more concerned about medical care if a problem develops while we are there. I think I will ask about that in a separate post.
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

Well, clearly she'll have to go by whatever her doctor tells her.