First Timer Needing Villa/Location Help!!

Travel discussion for St. John
Locchiato

First Timer Needing Villa/Location Help!!

Post by Locchiato »

Hello!!

This is my first official post on this forum and I am very excited!

My husband and I visited St John earlier this year on day trip while we were on a cruise. Even though it was a rainy day we both fell in love with the island. We have decided that we would like to go back in April 2013 and stay for a week. Based on the research that I have done, I feel that as first timers (sort of) we would like to stay in an area that is near Cruz Bay so that we have easy access to restaurants and shops. Therefore I have been looking at villa rentals in Cruz Bay, Great Cruz Bay, and Chocolate Hole. We would like a villa with awesome views (preferably from the pool), pool, air conditioning (def in the bedrooms), TVs, and a minimum of 2 bedrooms since my in laws will be joining us (this will be their first time in St John). We do not want to spend more than $4100 dollars a week specially since we are going at the start of the low season. I am thinking of the following villas:

Bombalassy
Pink Conch
Perelandra
Bongo Bongo
Choco Cruz
Coyoba
Villa Chez Shell

Has anyone stayed in any of these villas and has any thoughts or recommendations on them? Are there other villas that meet my criterias that I am maybe missing? Are the areas that I have chosen good areas? Do they make sense? I am REALLY excited about our upcoming trip and any information that you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!
snorkelqueen

Re: First Timer Needing Villa/Location Help!!

Post by snorkelqueen »

Welcome. I stayed at Bongo Bongo this last summer on my 13th trip to St John. My son announced when he visited "this is the most amazing villa we've ever rented". It is amazing and I would recommend it. It is lower on the hill in Choc. Hole then we are used to but the views were still amazing. (Gifft Hill views are beyond discription.) I believe Pink Conch and Bombalassy both face east which doesn't work if you want sunsets. Enjoy and again welcome to the forum,
snorkelqueen

Post by snorkelqueen »

Oh and I forgot to mention look at Allesandra....Meets all your needs and we loved it in 2011. High up the hill in chocolate hole.
StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

We are scheduled to stay at Bongo Bongo over Christmas and New Year's week. So no feedback currently but soon. 2 other villas we have stayed in that are a little further out but not much and just great Villas and locations. Opar Villa and Latitude. I think you would like both of them. Good luck.
St. John Lover

Post by St. John Lover »

Have stayed at Perelandra many times; I love it. Views can't be beat--just beautiful from the St. James islands to Lovango/Thatch/Grass cays and everything in between. Very comfortable, beautiful gardens, private pool area yet close to everything. Very nice.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

$4100 for two people in the off season is a huge budget so you shouldn't have any troubling finding an awesome villa.

We haven't stayed here, but it looks awesome and is $2950 in the off season:
http://www.vrbo.com/251854
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Locchiato

Post by Locchiato »

Thank you so much for everyone's responses. We are still trying to figure out where to stay. So many options... Any final recommendations? We like Coyoba but have read that the views might not be as great as they pear. Does anyone know if this is accurate or have any pics?
kirk

Post by kirk »

I've worked on Coyoda before and found it to be a nice house. it's been listed for sale for a couple of years. here's the listing. http://www.cruzbayrealty.com/details.ht ... ber=12-372
BreakawayBarb

Post by BreakawayBarb »

My husband and I stayed at Bongo Bongo in 2006, and are returning again next week. We cannot wait. It isn't as high up the hill as other villas we've rented (Ambiance being one) but the layout and overall feel of the space is amazing. If you want additional info please feel free to PM. Glad you are loving STJ!
kirk

Post by kirk »

I was working at Coyoba today. Your views are from little st James to the south. Could see STX. Nice pool, cool house.
Locchiato

Post by Locchiato »

Thank you so much for everyone's responses. I truly appreciate it!
I believe we have narrowed it down to Coyoba and Abrigado! We are hoping to decide by this weekend.

Kirk- do you know if in Coyoba there are any obstructions with the view towards the left hand side when looking at the pool?

Again, I am so excited to plan this trip and really appreciate everyone's help!!
kirk

Post by kirk »

No, you can look down to the little bay that's to the left. two things that i've noticed about some of the pics posted about this villa, it no longer has a spa, it's now a planter and you don't have a view down to chocolate hole from the car park area, it's now blocked by trees.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

We have stayed at Chcocruz , Hummingbird Hill and Coconuts and would stay at all 3 again. We love the Gifft Hill Views....breathtaking...10 minutes to town if that...all new roads.

Here are links to 2 Videos we produced for 2 of the Villas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TTOcN3CYI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkMlEEHGJg
GoAgain

Post by GoAgain »

Hi,
Weve stayed at Coyoba about 3 yrs ago.
We werent too pleased to see a telephone?electric line while looking down to the bay. Maybe Im too picky but for the price
it isnt what I wanted to see. Ive actually dismissed villas when any pics come up showing them. Unforetunately not every site shows them in the listing.
Just bought a new computer and still changing things over, if you like I will send you pics when its set up.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Where exactly is Choco Cruz?
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."