Tatoo on St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
Dome526

Tatoo on St. John

Post by Dome526 »

Just for fun.... are there any places that you can get a temporary tatoo on St. John? Airbrush, etc., which would stay on for a couple of weeks.
Pia

Re: Tatoo on St. John

Post by Pia »

Nope but Jeffrey will draw one on for you - he is usually found at Woodys with his tattoo kit :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

How about a real one?
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

Ha! We might have found an unfilled niche on the island. Any tattoo artists looking to live the dream???
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I can not imagine getting a tattoo on an island. You have to keep it dry and clean which really rules out the beach
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

I agree with X. A fresh tattoo wouldn't be such a great idea. But a henna tattoo on island would be very cool! It's temporary but would last for 1-2 weeks while on island!
Pia

Post by Pia »

I spoke to Jeffrey today and he still has henna tattoos :)

Pia
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

Pia - that is good to know! Henna would definately be the way to go for some island ink. Hey... maybe I just named Jeffrey's business. Island Ink :)
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

Oh yeah, I forgot about all that...plus I was told never to let it be in the sun. Mine is on the back of my shoulder, so I always cover it with a 50 spf zinc oxide lotion. Still, getting one on vacation, in a place you love, at the end of the trip might be fun.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Who is Jeffery and what kind of henna tatoos does he do? How detailed? My son would probably love a pirate tattoo.
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

I would get a real tattoo while on the island for sure! But I would wait to get it until my last night there. I want a green sea turtle! 8)
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Me too, Bonny! I would consider getting my first tattoo on my first visit to St. John with my daughter. Would be a good use of time between dropping off the car and waiting to STT. St. John Ink and luggage storage would be a great name ;)
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

PA Girl wrote:Who is Jeffery and what kind of henna tatoos does he do? How detailed? My son would probably love a pirate tattoo.
Jeffrey is not very detailed! :D
Jeffrey is a gentleman with a tool box filled with temporary tattoos, he is usually at Woody's for Happy Hour and he has Downs Syndrome.I had no idea that he did henna and I would venture to guess that he does not do them, but I could be wrong.

He is a great guy and I usually get one from him when I am on island.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Got it. Sounds like a good cause to support. Detail or not we will look for Jeffery and get temp tats. Is he there around happy hour or just whenever?
Pia

Post by Pia »

I spoke with Jeffrey yesterday about tattoos - he told me 100% that he still does Henna (how well I'm not sure and his version of Henna and yours might differ - I personally do not know anything about them) but his specialty is his "magic marker" tattoos and when he was Stateside he purchased new markers and new designs. He is usually at the Beach Bar, Woody's and everywhere in between - you will find him or just ask for him - everyone in Cruz Bay will know where he is.

Pia