ESPN3

Travel discussion for St. John
DonnaM

ESPN3

Post by DonnaM »

Any suggestions on what bars may have ESPN3 for college football games? We will be there on 11/17 and hoping to watch the Rutgers/Cincinnati game. I know it's not going to be the "best" game on that day but our son is a freshman on the Rutgers team so we want to cheer our team on! Btw- if Rutgers makes it to the Orange Bowl, my husband has promised to bring the Oline down to STJ. At some point, you may all see a very large group of very nice young men wandering the streets of STJ!
jimbo'sgirl

Re: ESPN3

Post by jimbo'sgirl »

High Tide has 3 big screen TV's and they always have sports on. They have Dish Network and I'm not sure what games will be carried that day. But hopefully it work out for you guys. Safe travels :-)
Timo

Post by Timo »

Donna,
Also a big RU fan and will be arriving on STJ 11/10 with Army as opponent. Deffinently hope to catch some of the game on the Rock. Your from PA? Good friend of mine son is TE Paul Carrazola.
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Timo, small world! Our son is one of the Fab Five freshman O line, Chris Muller. It cracks me up that they call them that in the Scout and Rivals forums. He loves Rutgers. We met Paul's younger brother at the Uconn game. Nice kid!
We will be at the Army game and then fly down to STJ on Sunday. I'm sure my husband will be wearing his Rutgers hat around the island so if you see a guy that looks like he was an offensive lineman back in the day, say hi!
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

DonnaM wrote: Btw- if Rutgers makes it to the Orange Bowl, my husband has promised to bring the Oline down to STJ. At some point, you may all see a very large group of very nice young men wandering the streets of STJ!
Very cool, just don't let the NCAA find out!
Timo

Post by Timo »

Donna,
I'll bring my RU hat also. My friend and co-workers son just had to retire from o-line this past spring but, is now a strength and conditioning student assistant: Frank Quartucci.
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

I think Frank went to a concert this summer with Chris and Blake, the QB.

The trip would be to our own house so it's just a big slumber party! Haha
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

ESPN 3 is not a conventional cable/ satellite channel. ESPN 3 is an online streaming service available to individuals who receive their high-speed Internet connection or cable TV subscription from an affiliated service provider, ie Comcast, AT&T U-verse, Charter, Time Warner, Cox, etc.

The complete list of ESPN 3 affiliates:
http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

I got that off the Rutgers football website. They may have meant ESPNU or even ESPNU if we are the feature Big East game at noon.
Thanks!