Florida Girl

Re: So many of the people on this forum seem obsessed with b

Post by Florida Girl »

LOL JT!! Truer words were never spoken! :lol:
JT

Post by JT »

Define "truer."
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
JT

Post by JT »

Actually, on a booze related topic... okay, I know you're all waiting for this, but I was on the way to the Nationals/Dodgers game with my 28 year old son tonight when we got the word that the game had been postponed due to rain. So, on the way back to my house we had to pass a bar that I used to hang out at about 6 years ago. We stopped. [Imagine that.] Damn if I didn't still know most of the characters hanging out there. So, I got home a little while ago, my son came in for a beer, and now my son and wife have picked up the Taylor nylon string and the old Guild steel string and are 'pickin' and a'singin' in my living room, just as they did about seven years ago in Callabash Boom. For those of you that want to go, or go back to STJ, all I can say is go, and sit on a deck, or a bar stool, and enjoy an ice tea, or whatever your pleasure might be. And, Melanie, wherever you are, honestly, don't feel too sorry for me. My bottle of the High Life and I are are doing just fine.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

JT wrote:Actually, on a booze related topic... okay, I know you're all waiting for this, but I was on the way to the Nationals/Dodgers game with my 28 year old son tonight when we got the word that the game had been postponed due to rain. So, on the way back to my house we had to pass a bar that I used to hang out at about 6 years ago. We stopped. [Imagine that.] Damn if I didn't still know most of the characters hanging out there. So, I got home a little while ago, my son came in for a beer, and now my son and wife have picked up the Taylor nylon string and the old Guild steel string and are 'pickin' and a'singin' in my living room, just as they did about seven years ago in Callabash Boom. For those of you that want to go, or go back to STJ, all I can say is go, and sit on a deck, or a bar stool, and enjoy an ice tea, or whatever your pleasure might be. And, Melanie, wherever you are, honestly, don't feel too sorry for me. My bottle of the High Life and I are are doing just fine.
*Like* :D
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

I love the irony of the internet. At the bottom of page 14 is and ad for Sobrex How to Stop drinking in 8 weeks! To the OP it's their vacation let them do what they want to do. I've been clean and sober for almost 24 years now and our group loves to party around the pool all night. I have as much fun as anyone and they are just letting their hair down. Think the Cowsills and 1969. The only downside is I get to start the coffee and breakfast every morning. :-)
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

awesome... I'll have another BlackCherry Cruzan and lemonade please! :)
Tami
Image[/url]
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

DonnaM wrote:LMAO! That was great! I missed both previous bumps. Tons of good responses. Now, let me get back to my current read, " You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning". I may have to embroider that on a pillow.

That quote goes right along side Vicky's, "St John....where its not only acceptable to drink before 10am...it's kinda wrong if you don't."

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Hi All !

Please don't laugh at me. :oops: I'm not a drinker for many reasons. But, I usually do have 1 frozen fruity with rum when we cruise. My question is...Please somebody tell me what the drink is that I keep seeing pics posted of... It almost looks like a vanilla smoothie with streaks of chocolate swirled through it and cute little choc. design on top. Yes...I'm dumb like that ! :( Well anyways...We are going back over in June and I want one...and I also want 1 of the Lime and Coconut too! Me Bad ! :wink:

Thanks,
Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Don' worry. We wouldn't laugh at you. Perhaps near you...but not at you :wink:

You are asking about a bushwacker. Excellent! My drink of choice.

JIM

philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Thanks Jim.....Nowwww...What's in it and where do I get the best 1 on STJ ? :D

Sherry
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

P.S. oh yeah forget to tell you JIm....If I have 1 you will laugh near me. If i have 2 you will be laughing near me...at me...around me...with me ... and as you are running away from me...you get the picture ! :lol:

Thanks again, Sherry
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I don't remember everything that is in it, but there are equal parts of Baileys, light rum, dark rum, Kalua (I think), and some chocolate syrup. On St John declared the Beach Bar as the winner in a recent contest.

JIM

philbetm

Post by philbetm »

LOOK OUT BEACH BAR......IN JUNE.....HERE I COME !!!
dragging 3 other with me !! :lol:
ednjess

Post by ednjess »

From the BB website

Bushwacker
Six of the Most Heavenly Alcoholic Creations blended to a Creamy Delicious Coconut Tinged Crescendo!
(for one drink)

1 oz Bailey's
1 oz Frangelico
1 oz Kahlua
1 oz Dark Creme de Cacao
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Coco Lopez
Chocolate Syrup in a Squeeze bottle
Fresh Nutmeg
Maraschino Cherry Garnish
Put all ingredients in a blender. Add 1 glass of ice. Blend till smooth. To prepare the glass: The chocolate should be in a pointed tipped bottle. Drizzle chocolate along inside sides of glass. Try different designs by turning the glass as you drizzle. Once you have chocolate design in glass pour drink in, garnish with fresh grating of nutmeg (very little; the nutmeg is more of garnish but the amount is to your liking) and cherry. Alternately to do the chocolate decoration: pour the blended drink into a glass with just a little chocolate swirled around bottom inside. Don't put the nutmeg! On top of drink draw 3 or 4 concentric circles with the chocolate sauce. When circles are done, take a tooth pick, stick it straight down about 1/8th of an inch into the inner most circle (which can be a dot in the very middle). Holding the toothpick straight up and down drag it in a straight line to the outside of the rim of the glass. Continue that a few more times around the circle (like the spokes of a wheel). Once you get the hang of that, you can pretty much do any design you like with the chocolate on top and a toothpick. Adam got our bartenders started doing this, and they get pretty fancy with it. Just be sure to not put too much chocolate; if your doing a lot on top then don't put any in the glass. After your done with your top design, grate a tad of nutmeg on top and finish with an artfully placed cherry.
loria

Post by loria »

with an artfully placed cherry.[/quote]
ok, there is all sorts of <<whatever>> there.... :shock: :roll:

but a cherry in a bushwhacker...well that is just wrong. :oops:

ok, back to my wine. or whine..... whatever.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>