FOR SALE - THE BEACH BAR!! (???)

Travel discussion for St. John
MN_Bhoy

FOR SALE - THE BEACH BAR!! (???)

Post by MN_Bhoy »

Just came across the following article:

http://www.bizquest.com/buy-a-business- ... 05726.html

The article isn't dated so I can't be sure if I'm missing something or not...

If it's true, I wonder what's up with all the recent business sale activity, Spyglass, St John Times, St John Hardware Store, The Lime Inn, The Donkey Diner. I know I'm missing a few as well.

Regardless, I'd love to look into The Beach Bar but I'm afraid being a responsible, relatively debt-free adult with two kids in school will keep me from the dream this time around! :(
MN_Bhoy
Take me to 18N 64W!
equineannie

Re: FOR SALE - THE BEACH BAR!! (???)

Post by equineannie »

St John is a difficult place to succeed with a tourist oriented business. You basically have to close, during off season, as most locals cannot afford the prices these places charge. If you do close, many try to pay their staff anyway, as good staff is difficult to get. Some people get island fever and just decide to go elsewhere. I have lived, and worked on St John & St Thomas. Comings & goings, of businesses, is nothing unusual. Lately it just seems to be a flurry of activity.
gimpiegirl

Post by gimpiegirl »

I'm currently on the rock - and it's true. $1.8 million. I'm sure we can get a group of us to go in right?! :)
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Word now is that it is NOT up for sale. Just read about this on the News of St. John site.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
MN_Bhoy

Post by MN_Bhoy »

It is still for sale. I have a friend who is looking into it with another person and he told me that it's on the market.
MN_Bhoy
Take me to 18N 64W!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Active StJohn on Facebook initially was stating it was for sale. Then along with the link showing the inital listing of the sale, posted a rebuttal and apology for their misinformation and in big letter said it was not for sale. So I surely do not know , but they definitely have a a lot of good info on that site.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting