Updated Site

Travel discussion for St. John
Jan&MikeVa

Re: Updated Site

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Anthony I got an email. Hang in there, it will all come together! I remember when we switched over in 2007 (?) and it took us all a bit.

Looking forward to posting my ticker now!!
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Whoops, just realized it was 2006 when we switched :lol:
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

What do the icons mean on the left side? I have some guesses but want to know for sure: Scrolling script means a lot of activity on a thread, a star on the right corner of it means you've posted on that thread, red means you've read it, gray means you haven't??? Just guessing...
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

I used my bookmark which took me to the old forum. Saw there were no posts since Thursday. Clicked on Anthony's name, then view all posts by anthony. At the top of the list was the post directing me to this site.

This site requires a lotmore scrolling to read due to text size.
Last edited by GidgetPicklebrain on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote:What do the icons mean on the left side? I have some guesses but want to know for sure: Scrolling script means a lot of activity on a thread, a star on the right corner of it means you've posted on that thread, red means you've read it, gray means you haven't??? Just guessing...
Sounds good to me :)

If I can find a key I will post it -
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Lex

Post by Lex »

I just discovered that logging in in on one of these sites does not also log me in on the other.
lprof

Post by lprof »

Lex wrote:I just discovered that logging in in on one of these sites does not also log me in on the other.
Hopefully Anthony is doing a bit of traveling right now... perhaps his reply from another thread will clarify activity on the websites.

Re: testing a couple of things
Postby Anthony » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:33 pm

lprof wrote:Anthony,
I just received a PM on the old site; nothing pertaining to it showed/shows up on the new site. And PMs in my Outbox here do not show up there; in other words private messages are not carrying over. :(

That is just someone using the old forum. There are actually two forums at the moment - this one the new, and the old. The databases are separate, the locations are separate, etc. But until I totally close/delete that installation, you may still get PMs there.
We are working on trying to put this forum back in the same location of the old one - bt for some reason it is not working...
... no longer a stranger to paradise
patr

Post by patr »

I am missing my daily e-mails, is there somewhere I need to subscribe?
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

patr wrote:I am missing my daily e-mails, is there somewhere I need to subscribe?
Regarding the daily email - that is currently down. I do have some tweaking still to do. Stuck here in NC with a flight delay... :(
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

I was away without wifi and iPad. Checked on my phone and thought it odd there were no new posts. Finally saw the banner this morning saying it moved.
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

Never got an email. Figured it out from the old site. I think there was a button saying go to the new forum site.
My Heart is in St. John!
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

It seems ok, however my biggest gripe/whine is that the font is frickin HUGE. It is about 2x the font size of the old board and it feels a bit like I am reading a book to my 4 year old :lol:

Is the font size user-configurable, or is this something that I will just have to live with?
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Muhaha - I think it was mentioned before somewhere - at the very top of the page in the blue banner on the line of 'board index' at the far right is a small ^A^ - it will adjust the font.
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

Exit Zero wrote:Muhaha - I think it was mentioned before somewhere - at the very top of the page in the blue banner on the line of 'board index' at the far right is a small ^A^ - it will adjust the font.
WooHoo! I now like the new board :)
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I finally found the new forum today. I kept checking the old one and finally just saw the link directing me here. I'm having a hard time with the new format.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain