Hale Lani-recent visits?

Travel discussion for St. John
mlr214

Hale Lani-recent visits?

Post by mlr214 »

Hi Everyone,

I'm still deep in my villa search, has anyone stayed at Hale Lani lately, I can't find any recent reviews?

We don't need anything fancy, would like AC in bedrooms and at least two bedrooms under same roof.

Is the villa in good shape?

Thanks

MLR
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Cannot offer much of help of the villa itself, but it was our 2nd choice for our upcoming Fall trip!! We opted for a villa close by that we have stayed at before. Go for it :)
I can tell you that it is a great location........close to town and wonderful views.

Happy Planning!
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Not super recent, but we stayed there Dec 2010. Location is great- views, privacy, quietness, proximity to town.

That being said, it's a nicely laid out villa, but a little worn on the edges. Window a/c in one of the bedrooms wasn't working so they hooked up a barely functioning portable unit on the floor vented to the outside. Screens had some tears and skeeters got in, wood trim finish wearing off in kitchen, a couple ceiling fans in-op, dryer vent screen shredded, several burnt out lights that still didn't work after I replaced with new bulbs. Not big stuff, and for the rate and the 5 star location, we couldn't complain. I sent DSJ an email after our stay noting items needing attention- never heard back. Hopefully the owners have fixed and spruced things up a bit

I'd give the villa location an A+ and the condition at the time a B-
mlr214

Post by mlr214 »

Thanks Jan and Mike, do you mind telling me what villa you choose over Hale Lani?

tjwgrr, thanks for the comments, do you have any pictures? I read in some other places that the lower bedrooms smelled musty, did you think so?
Can you comment on the breezes in this location? This past year we stayed in coral bay and it was very breezy.

thanks everyone
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

mlr214 wrote:Thanks Jan and Mike, do you mind telling me what villa you choose over Hale Lani?

tjwgrr, thanks for the comments, do you have any pictures? I read in some other places that the lower bedrooms smelled musty, did you think so?
Can you comment on the breezes in this location? This past year we stayed in coral bay and it was very breezy.

thanks everyone
Unfortunately I can't comment on the downstairs bedrooms since we didn't use them. I only poked my head in one of them briefly to look at it. Can't say I recall a musty smell, but then I was only in it for a minute or two. It seemed very nice, but quite a bit smaller than the large main level bedroom suites- more like a hotel room.

We had absolutely no issues w/ it being too breezy- what little winds there were came from the typical E/SE so most of it was blowing from the villa's land side.

I'll try and get some photos posted online somehow.
needmesomesun

Post by needmesomesun »

I just checked out the listings for this villa, out of curiosity, and it would bother me that there aren't pics of every bed and bath. Why not show them if they are nice?

The view, exterior, and pool look great in the photos.
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

mlr214.....I stayed at the Hali Lani back in '07 with a group of 8, all ladies. Then it was an absolute dream to stay at. Yes the downstairs was a little "hotel" like but it was still very roomy and the only time we were down there was to sleep, the rest of the time we were upstairs and around the pool. The view is amazing, especially while you are lounging in the pool at sundown. I found nothing at all wrong with the place, perfect location, not too close to town but not that far either. I LOVED the Hali Lani and if I ever had a large group again like this one was, I would stay there again.
My Heart is in St. John!
mlr214

Post by mlr214 »

Thanks everyone for the reviews everyone. The villa is also posted on VRBO and includes pics of lower bedrooms.Its going to be my husband and I, our 3 yr old daughter and my mother in law. I think the baby and mother in law will be downstairs so I don't think the smaller size will be a problem. Just to check, the lower bedrooms are they access by internal stairs case?

Thanks again.
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

No, the only access is through the outside. They have well lit stone steps leading around to the downstairs.
My Heart is in St. John!