Mangrooves smell in coral bay next to dumpsters

Travel discussion for St. John
CBama

Mangrooves smell in coral bay next to dumpsters

Post by CBama »

On island now. We thought the awful smell in coral bay by the
Dumpsters. Was well the dumpsters. Not so according to our waitress at Island Blues last night. So I googled and found his article:

http://www.stjohntradewindsnews.com/ind ... rove-smell
seagrape

Post by seagrape »

It was actually much worse a few weeks ago! It carried through to inside Love City mini mart.
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

I LOVE Coral Bay, stinky mangroves and all. I really wish I was there right now...
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

"Stinky Donkey DIP" as the sign says...
TraumaQueen

Post by TraumaQueen »

Since we've been home I've said "I'd kill to smell the Stinky Donkey Dip right now!". Hahaha!!!! We even savored the moment on our last trip by, well as much as we could without gagging. :-)
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

I get it... now when we have to take the trash down it is a nusance, but after we leave we would kill to get to smell it. As i sit on the porch at Adeste, I don't want to accept that it will be a whole year untill I can return! I am so envious of those of you who get to come multiple trips in the year!!!!! :roll:
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

:lol: Went to Skinny Legs for dinner last Tues. night and stopped in at the Mini Mart after...OH LORDY...smelled so bad we all were trying not to breath...and gagging when we did ! Man would I love to be smelling that awful smell again this Tues. night!! And as for going multiple times a year...Well I guess I can always dream of that even if we can't actually do it ! :(
" I believe there's Magic here...."
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

Randy in MD wrote:"Stinky Donkey DIP" as the sign says...
LOL I was going to say Stinky donkey dip!
Tickerless :(
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

We just assumed it was the dumpsters. We were thinking of Coconuts Villa on Gift Hill for next trip but when we read it had dumpsters below it we were afraid we would get that same smell there.
RidgeRunner

Post by RidgeRunner »

Fair warning: DO NOT attempt to hold your breath while driving by the swamp. The last time I tried to not breathe in a smell I found myself coming to in the floor of a porta-potty.

True story.
CBama

Post by CBama »

Smell isn't near as bad now or we r used to it. Only one more full day on island. Will be sad.to leave. Have loved our stay. Smell and all!

Really having a fantastic time!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Ridgerunner, I can't think of many worse things than coming to in a portapotty. You're lucky you didn't break your neck!

CBama, so glad to hear you're enjoying your vacation!
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Do you notice the smell from any of the villas in the area?
CBama

Post by CBama »

No smell from any of the villas! And it is tremendously better now. Only slight smell when you drive by. And if you have to throw garbage in you don't have ToI hold breath now. Haha.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

We noticed the smell this time even more than ever before and then on a couple of days it was barely there. Maybe it was worse because of no rain!

FYI: We realized that if you kept your eyes open driving by that area at dark you could see huge crabs crawling over the road. It was pretty cool to see them.