Trip Report 5/2-5/9 Part 6

Travel discussion for St. John
CreativeName

Trip Report 5/2-5/9 Part 6

Post by CreativeName »

Before I continue I need to tell a story that I forgot about from a prior day. Meet my amazing wife.
Image[/img]

She LOVES St. John too. She "gets it" as we say. However, she had an experience this trip. She picked up a bag of chips and reached her hand in while talking to the group. Suddenly, a scream, a shaking arm, and I see something fly across the room. This guy. He started crawling up her bare arm as she reached in. She said "I felt something sticky grab my arm". I have to admit, I wouldn't have cared for that either.

Image[/img]

Needless to say she was freaked out. I don't know when or how he got in to a folded up bag of chips. He was missing a leg, maybe he is always a risk taker. We let him live and put him outside.

Anyway, up early today for water sports.

Image[/img]

Then we had to take my sister in law to the dock as she was leaving today. After this, we hit up Sam and Jack's again.

Aunt Dute's Eggplant

[/img]Image

Mean Jean

Image[/img]

Next, we decided to head to Cinnamon. This was our first time here and my wife and son loved playing in the waves all afternoon. I snorkeled the cay. Standard fish sightings. I did see a very large brain coral on the right hand side and a couple of very large purple fans.

Image[/img]

This was the first day we had amazing weather. We had been great all week about heading out the minute it looked clear or just embracing the rain. But, the last few days were really perfect.

We stayed until after 5:00 PM, then headed back to the villa for drinks and relaxing.
CreativeName

Post by CreativeName »

I was wondering if someone local, or someone with vast spider knowledge can tell me about that spider. No big deal? Dangerous? Any information would add to the story.
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

OMG! That is the last time I put my hand in a bag of chips on STJ! My husband will be checking all bags of chips from now on!!!

Thanks for your trip reports, I've enjoyed reading them... So glad you had a great time!
Tami
Image[/url]
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

I am enjoying your trip reports and pictures! Yikes about the spider. Thats a good warning to all of us about looking inside bags and shoes first. Your little guy is so cute and looks like he is enjoying the trip.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Oh Lord! I now have a phobia of potato chip bags!!!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Catching up and enjoying your trip reports.

For some reason, I always bring rain to Cinnamon. Glad you had a great day.
janet