Trip Report 5/2-5/9 Part 3

Travel discussion for St. John
CreativeName

Trip Report 5/2-5/9 Part 3

Post by CreativeName »

Today we decided on Maho. We got an early start after coffee, bagels and wildlife watching at the villa.

[/img]Image

We set up on the far right side of the beach toward the rocks. Today the weather held for us and we snorkeled for a couple of hours. All the way out to the point on the right hand side. I had a few firsts on this portion of the snorkel. I saw a Spotted Trunk Fish for the first time, and a large Stoplight Parrot Fish.

Next, my wife and I decided to snorkel the middle of the bay to look for turtles while our son played with his aunt on the beach. We both wanted to see a turtle because they eluded us on our first trip. It didn't take very long and we were with two of them. One of them took off but the other stuck around. It was very exciting, and I was a little surprised at how much he did not care that we were there. I dove down beside him, and he would come up for air right next to us, all while acting like we didn't exist. Our friend swam back to the shore and put my son on his Sea View raft and towed him out to where we were following the turtles. This was super nice of her and very exciting for him. We spent about 40 minutes swimming with him and just taking it in, it was a great time. By the way, he ate grass the entire time, I had no idea how much they ate!

Image[/img]

After this, we sat on the beach and ate our lunch (picked up Deli Grotto that morning). I had the Trunk Bay Chicken, and my son had a grilled cheese, we both liked them. However, my wife had the Pink Cadillac and it was very very good. We had ordered a “Crack Bar” but we ate it at the deli while waiting for our food that morning. :shock:

We decided to go back to the villa for drinks and a low key dinner of Sam and Jack's food that we had purchased the day before.

A fantastic day.

Image[/img]
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Ya know what? Those crack bars taste even better at HOME! I buy several and freeze them in ziplocks, and bring them home with us.
My best work friends look forward to breakfast on my first day back....St. John crack bars :D
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

That is great that your son saw turtles.