Trip Report 5/2-5/9 Part 2

Travel discussion for St. John
CreativeName

Trip Report 5/2-5/9 Part 2

Post by CreativeName »

First full day.

I woke up at 6:30. This has been typical the whole trip. It doesn't matter if we stay up having drinks or go to bed early, I am wide awake at 6:30 and I love it.

The beach of the day was Hawksnest. It was overcast but we did not care. We chose this beach because we wanted to see if our 5 year old would give snorkeling a serious shot. He did not today but we did get him to use the Sea View raft that we bought and he had a great time. About 30 minutes in to our snorkel it started raining pretty hard. We decided to go and have lunch and get cleaned up. We were picking up my sister in law at the dock in a few hours.

We went to Sam and Jack's for lunch. I had the Sammy Hammy, my wife had the Uncle Peep, my son had the Bobby Rosetti and our friends had the Wolf and the Jimmy. We all liked the food so much that we bought a variety of meats and cheeses to take back to the villa for the rest of the week. This was great for the days that we were not interested in going out and could save you a considerable amount of money as well.

We picked up my SIL from the dock and headed to the Banana Deck for dinner. I had the Caribbean chicken, my wife had the thai chicken, and my son had another hot dog. We had to ban hot dogs at one point during the week. The food was good, I think mine was the winner.

After the B deck we walked over and checked out BONES Rum.

I like the pour your own concept, the rum is very smooth.

Back to the villa for drinks and good times. A great first full day.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We had a Sam and Jack's basket as an arrival gift in February and everything in it was fantastic. We never made it to their store but I will definately make a point of it next time.
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

I know right - I am sooooo not a morning person, but I was up every day at 5AM :shock: Must be the magical St John air
Last edited by michigan girls on Mon May 07, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Report is great so far but the pictures aren't opening for me
Tom
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Same here, put them in the URL but no go.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

:( Can't see pictures either.

Would like to ask...where is Sam and Jack's ? We always went to Deli Grotto. Do the above mentioned have a website?

Thanks,
Sherry in SC :D
" I believe there's Magic here...."
CreativeName

Post by CreativeName »

It is 3rd floor at The Marketplace. I believe the website is stjohndeli.com or something close to that. Google will know the answer.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Sam and Jack's link: http://stjohndeli.com/Stjohndeli.html

Yum!

Enjoying your reports, Creativename!