HELP!!

Travel discussion for St. John
Creative Name

HELP!!

Post by Creative Name »

I lost my wallet today. I left it at a restaurant, it was never turned in, and I fly in one week. :x

I already cancelled my bank cards, and my credit cards. Assuming I get replaements before Tuesday there is only one problem left. I have no photo ID to fly. Has anyone experienced this before? I have my birth certificate, my social security card, my work badge has a photo on it, I don't know what else would work.

I have never lost a wallet in my life, of course it would happen now. Sorry, self pity is all I can muster right now.

I started the day so excited that we were one week away. Now I am freaking out!
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

So sorry. That stinks.

Go to the DMV tomorrow and get a new license. Do you have a passport?
NancyB
Creative Name

Post by Creative Name »

I do not have a passport. Suddenly I realize why that is so important.

I will go to the DMV tomorrow. But, in Michigan the turn around time is sometimes a few weeks. I am praying they can do something for me.
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Wow! We can get in the same day in PA. Bring your plane ticket or itinerary Maybe that will help.

It will all be okay. Good luck!
NancyB
loria

Post by loria »

if they won't replace the license (and hopefully you aren't renting a car...)

then ask them for a nondriver id.. see if they will give you that-- that should get you in and out of the airports...
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Call the airline ASAP and get their advice. This happened to me several years ago, and they let me on with my temporary paper drivers license from the SoS and a work badge with photo. This was, however, before 9/11 so who knows now. I gotta think they have some sort of plan for this - call them and see. And get down to the sec. of state first thing in the morning - maybe you'll get lucky.
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

I feel your pain. I went to pay for some last minute trip items on Sunday, opened my wallet and noticed my license was missing. I was frantic all the way home, ran over a curb, almost flattened my tire. I was thinking I was not going to be able to get on the plane.
I did find my license in a closet in a gym bag, which I almost never do.
I understand the fear and feeling of helplessness. Hopefully, someone turns your wallet in (even if it's without cash).
I agree, bring your plane tickets with you to Dept Motor Vehicle and hope they could expedite it for you.

Good Luck!
Tickerless :(
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

Just happened to hubby this week. We were told to file a police report and bring a copy of it to TSA. Also a copy of any other ID that had his photo on it. He didn't have anything like that, but did have a photocopy of his passport and drivers license that he had copied a few years ago. We had no problems getting through tsa twice.
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

Do you still have an old expired license around somewhere?
Trip #14 comes June 11, 2015!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I can understand the freak out! I have to believe that there is a way around this. I don't know what it is, but I'm confident you'll find it today!
ShipwreckPat

Post by ShipwreckPat »

Try Connections or Keep me Posted. Maybe someone found it and turned it in there.More likely than the police.
augie

Post by augie »

ShipwreckPat wrote:Try Connections or Keep me Posted. Maybe someone found it and turned it in there.More likely than the police.
They're not on island yet. Might not be so concerned if the problem was leaving St. John as opposed to trying to get there!
Come see us!
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

Go to your local passport agency and inform them of your problem, contact them here

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/a ... _4451.html

Good Luck
STX lady

Post by STX lady »

NO passports needed of the USVI!!!!
Creative Name

Post by Creative Name »

First, thank you for all of your tips and help.

I went to the Secretary of State's office (our DMV) first thing. I now have a paper license. My "real" license will not be here for 10 days. They assured me that the license and a birth certificate is sufficient. I can't rely on just that but I am hoping they are right.

Also, I have heard a surprising number of accounts that a Costco card will help get you through. So, this morning I went and renewed my membership and I have a new Costco card with my picture on it. I have a paper license, a birth certificate, a social security card, a marriage license from the USVI, and my work badge that also has my photo on it. I called American Airlines and the uninterested woman I spoke with said I will be "fine". I hope she is right.