New Resort Idea

Travel discussion for St. John
BillVT

New Resort Idea

Post by BillVT »

Ok, like a lot of us I miss the less busy days on St. John and somewhat deplore what might be perceived as the over commercialization of the island. But STJ is a beautiful place it was not going to go undiscovered forever.

On the other hand even at the height of the busy season, just before Easter we were still able to find a beach to ourselves. And it wasn't that hard to get to either. You just have to look.

Is there a point to this ramble? Oh yea. Anyway I ran across this on the internet and thought that my STJ friends might find this interesting. Shades of Tektite? So let's say we have the financing and the permits from the National Park. I know, just play along with me. Where should we put it?

http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/200 ... eidon.html
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

My first thought when I see those things is "Even though it is special glass, what if that glass breaks in"? :shock:
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

It looks cool, but after about 30 seconds, my throat feels like it's closing up. I wouldn't last a minute down there. Maybe if the windows were smaller, but that would moot the point.
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

That would be so awesome. You wouldn't even need a TV because of watching all the underwater activity.
My Heart is in St. John!
Ready2Go

Post by Ready2Go »

ok I dont think I would like being underwater that much. But it's still a great idea, I just don't think it would be for me. :D
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Cool but I need to use all my senses. I like to see the beach,water,mountain vista's together and feel the sun,the wind and once in a while the shade sneak in. To borrow from the Corona ads "Find your Beach"
I did and there's no where else like it
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

stjchica wrote:My first thought when I see those things is "Even though it is special glass, what if that glass breaks in"? :shock:
I'm with you stjchica! But it is really cool looking. I would have dinner there at least, and maybe after LOTS of wine, I could sleep there ;-) But so cool!