4 days to Coral Bay: OH NO DID I...?

Travel discussion for St. John
Xislandgirl

4 days to Coral Bay: OH NO DID I...?

Post by Xislandgirl »

Do I have the greeter's phone number? Is the car REALLY reserved? Did I put toothpaste in the boxes I sent? Has my year of obsessive planning meant nothing? Have a screwed up this whole vacation?

Nope! Just the pre-trip paranoia!

I have the greeter's number in my phone. My email confirmation from the rental car company saved on my phone. I am confident that there is toothpaste in the box and this will be an amazing vacation.

Move along, nothing to see here, panic attack over, it is all uphill from here! (or downhill, whichever is better)
PA Girl

Re: 4 days to Coral Bay: OH NO DID I...?

Post by PA Girl »

Xislandgirl wrote: I have the greeter's number in my phone.
Talk about panic attack, we didn't have a greeter contact # until the morning of our arrival as I was trying to call STJ from PR when Verizon's service decided to go down!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Ah, I know that panic attack well. I usually put everything in my phone, RE-email myself all the confirmation emails, then also print them out and bring them with me. And I have that "what did I forget" sense of dread on the plane every time. I try to remind myself: wallet, camera, passport, phone- everything else is gravy ;-)

HAVE FUN!!! Hope you rented a car on STJ!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

SOonthebeach wrote:Ah, I know that panic attack well. I usually put everything in my phone, RE-email myself all the confirmation emails, then also print them out and bring them with me.
I make packets of all my print out and put one in each person's suitcase. Thankfully, my travel partners like that fact that they don't need to worry about a thing because I have it covered.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

PA Girl wrote:
SOonthebeach wrote:Ah, I know that panic attack well. I usually put everything in my phone, RE-email myself all the confirmation emails, then also print them out and bring them with me.
I make packets of all my print out and put one in each person's suitcase. Thankfully, my travel partners like that fact that they don't need to worry about a thing because I have it covered.
LOL PA Girl! I make A packet with everything, but just one. Now that's what I call covering your OCD bases!
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

I can't wait for your thoughts on Coral Bay...I'm starting to FREAK out!

This Summer will be the first trip staying on that side of the island. I wonder if we'll feel too cut off! I like some civilization! I might get too remote claustrophobia! LOL!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

chrisn- as long as you have a car you will not be too remote- you can get to the beaches and town in 20-30 min. We stayed in Coral Bay a few years ago and did the drive back and forth a LOT (turns out we spend a lot more time in Cruz Bay than we thought)- but it was fine- I got REALLY good at driving those roads- even at night! But we LOVED being close to all the awesomeness in Coral Bay and East End.