ST. Johns Hipe

Travel discussion for St. John
CT Beach Girls Dad

ST. Johns Hipe

Post by CT Beach Girls Dad »

On Christmas day I will find out what all the hipe about St.John's is about as I coming with my daughters family (CTBeachGirl) and my wife for nine days
pnoeric

Re: ST. Johns Hipe

Post by pnoeric »

Beach Girls Dad wrote:On Christmas day I will find out what all the hipe about St.John's is about as I coming with my daughters family (CTBeachGirl) and my wife for nine days
excellent! you'll discover what we all love about st john: it's a quiet, natural place with some of the world's most gorgeous beaches.... among its other many attractions. sounds like a great trip you have planned for the holidays.
Eric Mueller (& John McCann)
Last Minute Island Vacation villa rentals
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Once you get there you'll realize that there is no "hipe". St. John is a beautiful place that you'll most likely fall in love with (although there are those who don't) or you won't. My guess is you'll be smitten just like so many of us here. I personally wish there was no hipe at all about the place and everyone would just keep it quiet and let it be our little secret.
loria

Post by loria »

what a nice daughter you have!!!!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

You will LOVE it! My husband and I are hoping to take our children and their significant others to STJ for a family vacation about a year from now. Rather than buying Christmas and Birthday gifts that they won't remember by next year (because face it most gifts from us parent's are lame)we want to create some fantastic memories that we can share for a long time.
We've been able to share STJ with our daughter but we've had to wait for out son to get back from two tours in Iraq and then for his girlfriend to get back from a two year commitment in the Peace Corp. Now we need to get them "hooked" too!
CT Beach Girls Dad

Thanks for the replys I'm a Sarasota florida kind of guy so STJ will be a bit laid back for me But i'll give it a try
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I was a Sarasota girl (Lido Key) until I met St. John. Now I'm most decidedly a St. John girl :)

Welcome!
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

I feel in love with St. John the second I stepped onto the dock. I go as often as I can with a co-worker (good friend) of mine. I could never come down with my husband as it is not his type of place. He doesn't understand the concept of "relaxing on the beach" and not having any plans but just go with the flow. Working on plans to possibly come down the end of this year or first of next. I'm there everyday in my mind though. Dreaming of "On The Coast of Somewhere Beautiful" :roll:
My Heart is in St. John!
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

St. Johns, that's in Newfoundland, right? :twisted:
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Beach Girls Dad wrote:Thanks for the replys I'm a Sarasota florida kind of guy so STJ will be a bit laid back for me But i'll give it a try
Really, it's not all hype......reminds me of that old saying: If it's a fact, it's not bragging. It is a fact. St. John is a lot different than Florida, or any of other the northern most Caribbean. You'll catch the bug...I'd be willing to bet on it...

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

CT Beach Girls Dad

CariBert wrote:
Beach Girls Dad wrote:Thanks for the replys I'm a Sarasota florida kind of guy so STJ will be a bit laid back for me But i'll give it a try
Really, it's not all hype......reminds me of that old saying: If it's a fact, it's not bragging. It is a fact. St. John is a lot different than Florida, or any of other the northern most Caribbean. You'll catch the bug...I'd be willing to bet on it...

-Bert
The one thing i dont like is no Motorcycle riding in STJ
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

St. John is another world. it's a place to totally unwind and just enjoy the beauty. Image
[/url]
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

You do have a great daughter! Ha ha ha

Florida is nice dad, but there is no comparison to St. John.
Jenn, News of St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

What ever you do... don't expect huge crowds of people shopping designer stores, beaches you can't see from the road, highrises, fast driving, or any chain stores or resturants. Do expect a seriously slow pace of life, lazy days, higher prices, the smells of nature, people who apreciate a polite good morning, quietness, characters, and the most exquisite water I have ever seen... and I live in Florida. St. John...you either get it or you don't.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

There is just something about that Island...Im not sure what exactly it is...I dont think its really any one particular thing...Ive never been able to put my finger on just what it is..But,its all I can do not cry each time we leave... I'll be surprised if you dont just fall in Love with it as all of us here on the Forum have :wink:
[/url]