The oddest things you have seen while in STJ?

Travel discussion for St. John
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I think I might win...

I've seen people having sex on the beach twice, and I wish I meant the drink.

One of the times was at Salomon. I had snorkeled over from Honeymoon and when I popped my head out of the water I saw a guy take off his swim trunks and get down to business. It happened very quickly, not too romantic for the woman involved! Needless to say my plan to hang out on the beach at Salomon was not realized, I hightailed it out of there.

Then the other time was at Cinnamon, a couple was doing it in the water about 30 feet away from my husband, our friend and me. There were lots of jokes made about me needing to stay out of the water so I didn't get pregnant with another man's baby.

Both of these incidents occurred 5 to 7 years ago.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Connie

Post by Connie »

I'm confessing. This was on STT. 1st trip.

Players: Myself and Husband
Where: Duffy's Love Shack
Warning: Adult

We wanted to go to Duffy's, but not drive. So...we went to the main road for a taxi. We were staying in the village, so it was a short walk to the main road.

We were standing at the entrance to Sapphire and 2 locals stopped and asked where we were going. They said hop in...now...this was right after Natalie Holloway went missing, but husband thought it was pretty cool they would stop and give us a ride. I hopped into the front seat in the middle of the truck and husband hops into the back of the truck. Obviously, they were landscapers. Short ride to Duffy's, but definetly a beginning of a crazy night.

Duffy's was crazy. Loud music, lots of dancing and a couple who we saw..ummmmmm...what's the word, having sex on the dance floor? Really disgusting actually, so we kept our backs turned.

Duffy's plays "Girls, Girls, Girls", you go behind the bar and the bartender will give you a sticker that says Duffy's.

I swear somebody put something in my drink that night because when we got back to our room (a nice girl drove us home), I was out of it.

Problem? Next morning I woke up with a Duffy's sticker stuck to my left nipple. :roll:

We have not been back to Duffy's since.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

So one night the wife and I decide to head out for some drinks. When we got to the bar, there was a lady dancing on the bar with a Duffy's sticker on her nipple.

Connie - JUST KIDDING!!!! I loved your story, I am still laughing. It kinda reminds me of a trip I took to Ft Lauderdale when I was 18 - went down with a group of friends and woke up one morning with a broken hand, and a homeless guy sleeping on the couch of the apartment we had all rented. Had no idea how either happened. I could totally see how "The Hangover" could happen to someone.

Connie wrote:I swear somebody put something in my drink that night because when we got back to our room (a nice girl drove us home), I was out of it.

Problem? Next morning I woke up with a Duffy's sticker stuck to my left nipple. :roll:

We have not been back to Duffy's since.
Connie

Post by Connie »

lol Muhaha. Crazy things can happen when you let down your guard. I still say something was put in a drink.

There's one thing that I wanted to add. The bartender gave both myself and husband a shot (I am not a shot person). My husband ended up going outside and throwing up. I kept it down. That may be the reason I ended up with the sticker.

These stories have me laughing so hard. They're stories you'll remember forever though.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

luvinsun wrote:I actually was not in St. John when I witnessed this, but I was lurking "and daydreaming" on the Spice Cam (I think a couple of years ago), when I noticed there was a man that looked like he was dead on the beach in front of the little wooden dock. I remember having a conversation on this forum about this man. A lot of us were very concerned that he was not well and "why isn't anyone helping him?"... He was half in the water... we (well I and a few others) watched for a couple of hours, and I think someone was even trying get a hold of Ruth to see if she was there to go check on him! Does anyone remember that?
YES!!! I remember that vividly because we arrived that day. When we got off the ferry, Ruth met us and explained what was going on and then the police showed up and took him away.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I remember the spice cam guy too! We were all watching him get more and more sunburned as the day went on, poor guy.

These stories are so funny! Thank you everyone for sharing them.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I also remember the Spice Cam guy.

I think STJ is an easy please to live "hard."
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

An Asian family each dressed in long sleeves, long pants, and street shoes walking down the beach at Maho- one was carrying a whole case of Campbell's Chunky Soup..... 'soup on the beach,' instead of 'sex on the beach'....

chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Took a drive out to the East End one morning and saw a very enraged local on the side of the road screaming obsenities and beating the hell out of someone's car with a machete knife. My kids were on the floor in the back seat as my husband slowed down to say "Morning" LOL. I really wasn't shocked or scared. It was just bizarre.
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

My first trip to STJ was in 2008...we were walking down the beach towards the Gallows one afternoon. We saw a guy in an old beat up fishing boat (which was beached)..he was passed out, cold. Wondering if this was another'08 homeless guy sighting.
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile