Villa ideas

Travel discussion for St. John
dejavu

Villa ideas

Post by dejavu »

Trying to plan what would be our 4th trip to STJ and need some villa help.In the past we have rented with another couple but now our grown kids want in on the action and they have a very LOW budget! Looking for 3 bedrooms and preferably 3 baths too. Pool is a must as is A/C in the bedrooms- prefer Cruz Bay side over Coral Bay but am willing if the $$$ is right. Other than that I don't care about fancy but I do need clean! looking for no more than $4000 for a week in high season. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Here are a few options that fit the bill
http://www.carefreegetaways.com/homes.php?bedrooms=3
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Oops, just realized that Haiku may be the only one on that page.
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

I was hoping someone would chime in on a villa they have actually stayed in. I have been all over the villa agency sites but unless it's a villa you know it's hard to judge.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I have not stayed at Haiku but know the property. It is older but a great old house. The view is not amazing but at that price for high season, I think it is a great deal.

I am not sure about the AC being in all bedrooms though. I know it was in the master for sure.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Look at Summerwind on Bordeaux Mtn. It's a great house for the price and the location is the best and no scary driveway. Pool and Hot Tub and A/C.
efrank

Post by efrank »

Have you looked at Sago Palms? Not sure what the status of construction is nearby. We stayed in Aug '08 and it was wonderful
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I forgot about Second Wind in Reef Bay.
3 AC'ed bedrooms, pool and hot tub.
We loved this house.
Island Lizzard

villa

Post by Island Lizzard »

Far Niente may fit your bill. We rented it through Viva Villas (vivacations.com). Great for families, we are renting it again next year.
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Depending on the time of year, this could work. 3 bedrooms /bths but not equal. Nce pool. Walking to Westin. On the water! W stayed there and loved it!

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/gull-cottage/
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

We stayed at the Hali Lani in 2007. There was 8 of us in a 3 bedroom with pool and an AMAZING view. AC throughout the entire house or you could have it in just the bedrooms. Beautiful sunsets at mealtime by the pool.
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

I 2nd the Second Wind recomendation. They list with Caribbean Villas.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Second Wind is within budget at $3850 but looks like the others are not. I realize in season a $4000 budget is low but I was hoping there woild be more choices.
I appreciate all the suggestions!
petepie

Post by petepie »

Stayed in Villa Catalina years ago (2005) and it continues to be pretty resonable. When we stayed it was only 2 bedrooms (each side of great room). Since then they've created a 3rd bedroom in basement area. I don't think there would be much view from that bedroom. Upper bedrooms & great room have nice high-up view. Small wally pool to side. Very private, comfortable, good A/C in bedrooms, easy drive, and reasonable price. Definitely ask lots of questions about condition though - we were there 7 years ago and furniture in pictures is same as when we were there. Another house owned by same family and also reasonable price is Mar De Amores. Never saw it in person.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Check out Hummingbird Hill through Catered To (http://www.cateredto.com/hummingbird-hill/). I stayed in this house last June with five women and it meets all your criteria. It is located on Gifft Hill Road and has great sunsets. It is a little over your budget for the high season but is still very reasonable. The master bedroom is in a separate pod by the pool and each bedroom does have its own bathroom. The kitchen is very well equipped and we prepared the majority of our meals there. I will point out that one of the bedrooms does have twin beds. I highly recommend Hummingbird Hill and Catered To was great to work with.