Cruz Views

Travel discussion for St. John
islandmaari

Cruz Views

Post by islandmaari »

So I need to see my St. John again! Also I'm pregnant and need to go while I can still travel. Usually we travel during low season so we do villas, but since it's high season and things are pricer we are thinking of staying in the Cruz Views. Does anyone know, recommend these? Also I know some units are better than others, which ones are the nice ones? We want to try to keep our spending around $200 including taxes.

Thanks so much!
"paradise is always where love dwells"
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

We did CV-1 last summer. It was nice. It was clean and basic. Good AC, ok views, nice pool (kind of a hike to the pool though) They have renovated it though and the cost jumped dramaticly. We have not stayed in any others, but RickG has and I believe CapnKirk has. The ones closer to the pool might be really nice. Close to town too! I did miss a washer and dryer though.
larlardb8

Post by larlardb8 »

We have stayed in CV-1 and CV-10. Both were nice...we enjoyed 10 more as it was a bit nicer and had full AC. I did see the pics of the newly renovated CV-1 unit and it looks really nice...however as Capn said the price jumped up quite a bit.
We had friends who just stayed in #7 a few months ago and had no complaints.
My husband and enjoy staying in cruz views when we are trying to do a "budget" trip in season (we usually do villas during the low season like you) because the prices can't be beat!
Congrats on your pregnancy and enjoy your trip!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
We've stayed in Cruz Views 1,2, and 8. We were in 1 before it was re-done, and it was really HOT in October in the afternoon. It has central air, now.

Unit 8 was okay. View not so good, but price excellent. Blaine loved it because he's a bug magnet and reader. It has a screened porch where he read late into the evenings. It's a lower unit.

Regulars who come every year said they preferred unit 3.

Any one you pick, it is a bargain, and Carribbean Villas have been very professional and great to work with, and dealt with one issue we had very quickly and professionally.
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

We have stayed in #7 which is nice and more private than the others, #1, which we did not like at the time but has been renovated, and #3 a couple of times. #3 is also remodeled and has a nice view and beautiful big garden shower in the bathroom. Cruz Views are tiny units but have everything you need on a budget, nice pool, good location and great views. Sunny showed us all of the units once (none were occupied!) and some are pretty rundown so make sure whoever you rent from shows you pictures before you commit. Caribbean Villas is a good place to check with if you are interested. Remember that even though #1 is now remodeled, it is a steep walk up the driveway from the other buildings and the pool area.
[/url]
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

We've stayed in #7 twice....& will probably stay there again on next budget trip. Kitchen is nice; had everything we needed. Deck area big & beautiful view towards the car barge area/ocean. Plenty of hummingbirds & bannaquits everyday. AC kept unit very cool. Has 2 ceiling fans: one in bedroom; one in living area.

Enjoy whichever you choose!