Favorite Boat Charter/Co for Snorkeling South side of STJ??

Travel discussion for St. John
JudyK

Favorite Boat Charter/Co for Snorkeling South side of STJ??

Post by JudyK »

Have some newbies coming that have no passports so wanted to take them on a boat trip to some places out & around St. John to snorkel off a boat versus from the beach. I see some boats will take you to Hurricane Hole, Hansen Bay, etc. What ones were your favorite?
loria

Post by loria »

Rick and Robin of 'long Distance' they are wonderful!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

I'd hire Capt. John from Palm Tree Charters for any boat trip. He'll do (almost) anything you want.
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

We just got back and did a day trip on the Kekoa Cateraman.http://www.blacksailsvi.com/kekoa/St-John-Sailing.html

We had a great time, we sailed all the way around St. John, stopped at Snorkel spots that the Capt. liked. Mary's Point, Movie Rock off of Salt Pond, and had lunch on board that was catered and free drinks. Loved the boat!
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

I love being out on a catamaran...Since you aren't going far, that may be a great choice. We have done a similar day in the BVI's and loved it..Loved lots of space to lay out and enjoy the sail and also having lunch and drinks on board...
(Now if I was going all the way to the BVI's or something I would use Capt. John as it is faster).
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

look into Lovangocharters.com - great south side trips and super comfortable boat with a local Captain who will be able to show you some of the best snorkeling spots.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Another vote for Long Distance. Rick and Robin were great hosts. The last stop on our trip was to snorkel the mangroves in one of the coves in Hurricane Hole area. I didn't think I would like it, but all 4 of us in our party loved it. Such an interesting and beautiful part of the underwater world.