Scuba / Snorkeling

Travel discussion for St. John
jsn0802

Scuba / Snorkeling

Post by jsn0802 »

We are 11 days and counting!
This is our first trip to St John - who do we use for scuba diving and to rent snorkel equipment?
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

We have had great experiences with Low Key. They used to be next to the Beach Bar. They recently moved to a shop about 100 yards west next to Grand Bay.

You can rent equipment or dive with them. They also take snorklers on the boat to dive sites.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

We used Low Key first time. It was ok. (good price for our first dive, but when we went on our 2nd trip later that week they took us to the same spots! zzzzzz) We love diving with 6 Paq (Collett who now owns Island Blues). It is more expensive, but you do get lots of individual attention. ( with her I found out that I was weighted too heavy and was not so exausted when I finished) She tries to take you to really interesting places (not the same ol same ol) She does require a check out dive, (we were newbie divers so this was really good) but that was fun too! Her boat is smaller, you do a back roll entry (which I prefer), she has a ladder to get into the boat if you need it, but usually has divers do a kick up boat entry (we are old and need to climb in). Cool thing... Last summer, I was booked with her, and just before we left for STJ I had a mild stroke. Needless to say, I was ordered not to dive. I did not even have to ask for a refund! She was so concerned and jumped to tell me that she would gladly refund all we had paid. That being said, I love shopping at Low Key, and I really like the owner! They have grea equipment, and their dive sites are snorkel friendly. ...And they may have some more advanced dives that I have not looked into.