All inclusive resorts

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
jdw

All inclusive resorts

Post by jdw »

My daugther and future son-in-law are considering Sandals St. Lucia for their honeymoon. Any opionions on that property? Or other Sandals resorts?

Thanks.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

We have two different sets of friends that have honeymooned there. They absolutely loved it. I've never been to a Sandals or St. Lucia and the friends have never been to St. John, so can't compare there.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We have a set of friends that also honeymooned there and they loved it. That being said, it was their first trip anywhere remotely tropical. They are both beach people, East Coast beach people.

Another set of close friends honeymooned this summer at The Whitehouse Sandals Jamaica.

What they liked - the activities like volleyball in the pool, the pre-paid element of an all-inclusive, the no-brainer, don't need to make any decisions style of vacation.

What they didn't like - they thought the dining options were "stuffy" and too formal. (they are a casual couple)
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

Wondering which Sandals?...there are three properties on St Lucia...all different...
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I book travel on the side for Expedia and booked Sandals a few times. Most people love the resort. A friend of mine, her daughter booked St Lucia, Grand ST Lucian in a Rondoval room. They loved it..there are 8 restaurants, 6 bars, pools and whirlpools. Also they will have privileges to the other Sandals Resorts on ST Lucia (La Toc and Halcyon) and its my understanding transportation is furnished for them. They have the swim up rooms from the lagoon pool. My husbands niece went there as well and stayed at the same resort. They loved it as well..One thing to try...is check on booking the airfare seperately instead of letting Sandals book it for them...That alone should save alittle...and they can still use Sandals transportation to the resort...also depending on the time of yr they are going...Sandals may have a special offer. They just had a companion flies free ( which was a good deal) and sometimes they have stay so many nights get a night free..I will PM you my email and if you have any more questions please let me know...:)
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

JJShaw - What do I have to do to get a sweet job like that?????!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Lindy wrote:JJShaw - What do I have to do to get a sweet job like that?????!

Here ya go...:)

http://www.cruiseshipcenters.com/Change ... _index.htm

I enjoy doing it...I just wish I had more time to spend on it.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

We really enjoy Sandals and Beaches Resorts. We have taken our kids three times to Beaches Turks and Caicos. We joined their Signature Points Program and ended up going to the Sandals in the Bahama s for close to nothing. This is a well run operation. The food is really good and the alcohol is top shelf. We really enjoyed the private island off the coast. It is different from STJ but it is so much fun!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group