First time STJ villa renter and in need of some help....

Travel discussion for St. John
Schnell

First time STJ villa renter and in need of some help....

Post by Schnell »

Been a member on this board for a few years, just not an active poster. However, have some questions regarding first time villa rentals. We usually stay over on STT at Frenchman's Cove, but the family we took with us a couple months ago loved STJ so much they said we should rent a villa on STJ....ahhh....ok! Been shopping around on different websites, but its a tad overwhelming! We are looking for a villa with great views and 4 separate bed/baths. A pool and AC is necessary.....and for a couple of us wifi is needed as well. Budget is probably 1500-2k per couple for the week.....so 8k total. Off season, sometime next June is our time slot. Anyone stayed in a place with these characteristics that they loved?! Would appreciate a suggestion or two and good questions to ask of the rental rep would be helpful as well. Also, is there any good rental reps on this board that you can refer me to?

Thanks a bunch for all your help/comments!
Seasister

Post by Seasister »

With that kind of budget, you should be able to get a nice villa, but I'd have to ask how many cars you will be renting so you could be sure to have enough parking space. Here is a villa I've always thought looked nice.
http://www.carefreegetaways.com/home.ph ... a%20Vie%20
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

we have used Villa Fish a few times and they are great- easy website to look through and they have access to a lot of villas. You have a great budget for off season- should be able to get something really nice. One question to ask yourself to narrow it down- do you prefer to be in Coral Bay (east end/sunrises/quieter) or near Cruz Bay (closer to Cruz Bay you get sunsets/close to town)? There are some "in between" as well, but that could help you narrow it down.
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Vida de Mer
http://www.vidademar.com/stj_info.html

This is a wonderful villa. See my review from DEc. 2010 and I know they have done some updating since then. Both the owners and CAtered To were wonderful to work with!
burgec

Agree

Post by burgec »

For $8k you should be able to find a nice spot offseason. Peace and Plenty sprang to mind although I've only stayed a couple villas down the view up there is awesome. Nice villas in Peter Bay also deserve a look.
Chet

Post by Chet »

Check with Kathy at Islandgetawaysinc.com

Mystic Ridge overlooks Coral Bay - we've stayed here 6 times. Amani is on the Cruz Bay side - we will be there in Oct.

Also look into Sol Inclination high above Fish Bay, listed with St John Rent A Villa.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We stayed at DeBolina in March. Lots of room and privacy and 4 bedrooms plus a loft and 4 baths. A/C in bedrooms and a great pool area! And I see they are having a June special. Well under your budget!!! It is on Ajax Peak and the views are fabulous overlooking the valley and Coral Bay.
http://www.windspree.com/home.php/11/DeBolina

We are staying at Great Turtle Villa in Upper Carolina in December. Haven't stayed there yet, so I can't review it (YET!), but the price is fabulous and meets your criteria and they also have a June special!

http://www.vivacations.com/site/Overvie ... fault.aspx
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

We will definitely be renting two jeeps. We usually rent from Dependable on STT, but going over to STJ I am thinking renting on STJ would be wiser. One vehicle, regardless of size is just not doable.

I would rather stay closer to north shore/cruz bay area. Close enough to town, but not too close. Peace & Plenty looks like a great option and amazing location! Thanks for that suggestion! 8k is the max budget, so the price there makes it even better.

Also, any suggestions on to "fairly" pick who gets master bedroom and so on?? Draw straws, or???
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

In our group, I am the vacation planner, picking villa, renting Jeeps, water taxi, everything so I GET FIRST PICK on bedroom!!!! :lol:
Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

I'd recommend Skyway villa on Gifft Hill. We stayed next door to it last week, and wandered over to sneak a peak while it was being cleaned between guests.

http://www.carefreegetaways.com/home.php?id=68

There are many separate living spaces, where couples can find private space away from the main group, if needed. All the bedrooms looked very nice and spacious. It is VERY private and has incredible sunset views. Big driveway for multiple vehicles, easy access, just a great looking villa.
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

We were at Villa South Palm (in Virgin Grand Estates) a few years ago and it was great! 4 equal bedrooms with separate showers; 3 stacked on top of each other with balconies, and 1 bedroom inside. Great pool and pool deck with a beautiful view of Great Cruz Bay and some amazing sunsets. It's another Suite St. John villa and they were great to deal with.

As for picking rooms, we put our names in a hat and had Tommy (the villa greeter) pick them out for us. Hopefully there were no hard feelings when my wife and I got the top bedroom.

Good luck.
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Take a look a villa Tesori on Gifft Hill. We stayed in a villa above it and it looked fantastic! Or alot of the villas in Virgin Grande Estates would work. With that budget you might even be able to swing Kaleidoscope on Dittliff Point!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Schnell wrote:Also, any suggestions on to "fairly" pick who gets master bedroom and so on?? Draw straws, or???
This is an "issue" in our group and therefore, we only stay in villas where there bedrooms are equal or nearly equal. Maybe it is age and comfort level requirements but no one in our group would be happy staying in the "crappy" bedroom when we are splitting a house.

We stayed at Casa De Sonodores last trip. It has four equal bedrooms (AC in the bedrooms only) and plenty of parking. It is a very nice house and an all-paved road access.

Others on our wish list for future trips are Island Stones, Coral Oasis (Coral Bay area) Mystic Ridge.

Check into some of the Peter Bay houses too. Amarosa and Rountunda might be in your price range. The location would be fantastic.
StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

I've not stayed in the villa but I've stayed near it a few times and if I can ever afford it.........
Just a tad over your budget for 8, but Kaleidoscope is will worth a look

https://www.kaleidoscopeusvi.com/st-joh ... -video.asp
StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

I've not stayed in the villa but I've stayed near it a few times and if I can ever afford it.........
Just a tad over your budget for 8, but Kaleidoscope is will worth a look

https://www.kaleidoscopeusvi.com/st-joh ... -video.asp