First Timer

Travel discussion for St. John
jsn0802

First Timer

Post by jsn0802 »

Hi Everyone - we are taking our first trip to St John this December and have rented a Villa called Coco de Mer. Anyone have reviews or advice on this villa.
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

JSN, welcome to the forum :) I am sure someone who has experience at this villa will reply. All I can say from looking at the website is wow! What's not to love? Beautiful location and villa.

My kids just moved back from the Triad area after four years. They loved NC. Lived in Kernersville but Raleigh was their go to place.
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Welcome to the addiction... I mean forum!! December will be here before you know it!!
Coden

Post by Coden »

December is a lovely time to visit. Enjoy!!
Coden
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

welcome jsn! We have not stayed in Coco de Mer, but you can't beat those views from Peter Bay- and it's a gorgeous area. You will love it, no doubt!
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Have not stayed but know someone who did and they loved it. You cannot go wrong in Peter Bay, and your views will be amazing. 8)

Welcome to the Forum.........ask your questions and you'll get some great feedback :D :D :lol:
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Just a tip...you're more likely to get people to respond about Coco de Mer if you put the villa name in the subject line.

Have you looked here for reviews?:
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/s ... ndex.shtml

Peter Bay is the most exclusive part of STJ, so I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I think Jan and I are thinking of the same person who we know stayed at Coco. They LOVED it!! (I think they even stayed there a second time!) I remember the pictures they posted and the place looks marvelous! (Love the pool area!)
jsn0802

Post by jsn0802 »

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I look forward to enjoying all the great topics on this forum.
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

We'll be there July 2-9. I'll let you know how it was. I'm a terrible trip report writer ( everything seems to run together by the time I finish the laundry and get back to normal ) so I usually just hit the highlights.
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Hi jsn! Welcome to the forum~
We stayed next door at Peter Bay Gatehouse and loved the incredible views overlooking Cinnamon Bay and beyond! You picked a beautiful villa so no worries about that!
You may want to ask the villa management to show you the entrance to Peter Bay beach. You will need to drive all the way down the hill to get there but we did not see a sign to the beach entrance. It looked like private property and didn't want to trespass.

The only eye opener on your first trip to STJ is a couple of switchbacks on the North Shore road and the one right before the entrance to Peter Bay. Luckily the road has been repaved so it is nice and smooth. Drive up it a couple of times and you'll get used to it! Wheeeeee~~ :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]