Hello Forum....

Travel discussion for St. John
CBama

Hello Forum....

Post by CBama »

Hello forum,
My first post was over on the Off Topic forum, so thought I would say hi on this forum…
I have really enjoyed the trip reports the last few days. Thanks to everyone for taking time to post them.

We made a trip to St Thomas in 2004 and took a day sail over to St John….went back the next day on the car ferry and fell in love with the island….have been trying to make it back…but hasn’t happened yet…hoping for summer 2012.

This is what we fell in love with, beautiful water, white sand, less crowds, Don’t even remember which beach this was….

My avatar is from Gulf Shores, AL…if anyone needs advice from that area I would be glad to help…..we are accustomed to the white sand beaches, so that’s one reason we loved St John,
We typically rent a condo in either Gulf Shores, Orange Beach AL or Panama City Beach, FL for our summer vacation…
54b

Post by 54b »

Welcome to the forum, it's addictive just like STJ...I'm going to guess that's a picture of Maho.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Gorgeous photo! I get why that could hook you! Best of luck on making the 2012 trip come true! Welcome!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Welcome to the forum! Rooting for you in 2012!
CBama

Post by CBama »

thanks....

you are probably correct on the photo...

we started at Trunk and made our way to Hawksnest, Cinnamon and Maho was our last stop...had to make the Car ferry back to St Thomas...we were not ready to leave for they day......

I will just keep reading everyone's wonderful trip reports and planning...another trip will eventually happen....I probably enjoy the planning ALMOST as much as the trip..
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Welcome !!!
[/url]
Coden

Post by Coden »

Welcome, and I too am rooting for you!! :)
Coden
USVIBamaFan

Post by USVIBamaFan »

C Bama...hi from northern Bama...we are finally coming to the VI this summer - after 30 years of vacationing at the beautiful Gulf, I finally talked my husband into a really long vacation to celebrate our 30th, our daughter's MBA and son's high school graduation. Ironically, PC is normally the beach town of choice for graduating seniors, but his group is headed down to Gulf Shores right after graduation - fun times!

Hope to post a trip report when we get back!

And yes, the forums have been a great resource for my year long planning!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

welcome to the forum! we will be rivals during college football season (Big Gator fans and kids that go there) but we can have a side bet for a pain killer at the beach bar or something silly like that!!! :D :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
CBama

Post by CBama »

USVIBamaFan…know you will love it…the sand is as pretty as the AL gulf…but the water is just amazing…..so clear and beautiful….We have been vacationing on the Gulf for almost that long.
St John does not have long beaches to walk for miles like our Gulf…but who cares when it’s breathtakingly beautiful and has shade trees to relax under.
Hope you did not have any damage from the tornadoes.

Eagle Ray lover…yes, we will have to be rivals! I am AL fan, but daughter will be going to Auburn…so we even have a divided household. I did pull for FL in all their national championship games though…we can talk next fall before our game…