Pictures!

Travel discussion for St. John
augie

Pictures!

Post by augie »

After our morning snorkels at Haulover North, I took liamsaunt's suggestion and called the Royal Caribbean store in Mongoose Junction to see if they, or their store on St. Thomas, had any Canon D-10s in stock. They did not. But I was told that they did have some Olympus underwater cameras in stock at the store there in Mongoose. So we bit the bullet and are the new proud owners of an Olympus Tough-8010.

A bonus is that model uses the same kind of external memory card that the Canon does, so we have access to the pictures that we had already taken, but not yet downloaded to the computer. While the camera's battery was completing its initial charge cycle I downloaded the manual so that I could hit the ground (almost) running.

Here is a photo teaser - some shots taken on the car barge ride over on Monday. More soon(ish) come!

ImageIMG_2607

ImageIMG_2602

ImageIMG_2596
Come see us!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Haha I love that Jason is a member of the white sunglasses club!

Glad you got a new camera. You'll have to let us know how you like it once it's up and running.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Hey,
Glad you all made it, finally...:)...We have the Olympus tough 8000 and like it alot, we also bought it at Royal Caribbean on STJ..due to one bitting the dust while we were there, which happened to be the Olympus 770 SW. We decided to get the housing when we purchased it due to the fact of when the 770 leaked and we had it repaired we couldnt find one anywhere to fit it..just a bit FYI incase you didnt get the housing...they can be hard to find later on..:)
Enjoy your trip..:)
[/url]
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

liamsaunt wrote:Haha I love that Jason is a member of the white sunglasses club!
was thinking the same thing! he's Kool :)
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

So glad you made it....keep the pictures coming so we all can live vicariously through you. I am currently researching which underwater camera to purchase! Happy, Happy Day!