Travel discussion for St. John
lprof

Post by lprof »

A link to today's St John Source obituary:

http://stjohnsource.com/content/news/lo ... er-dead-61
... no longer a stranger to paradise
bert

Post by bert »

Victor was a passionate musician, if you all remember his Christmas album for one. Here are some of his songs.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... did=956078

Peace... bert
Lex

Post by Lex »

Thanks for these recent links. It's interesting to hear the different images we have of Victor depending upon which phase of his life he was in when we met him. Much like the three blindmen and the elephant story but having to do with the span of a life. He ran The Kite. He worked at the Domino station. He played music. He sold cds. He investigated traditional medicine, keeping some of the old ways alive and exploring new applications . He sold bush tea and t-shirts from a little stand in Coral Bay. He briefly ran a bar in the old Pickles. One of the linked articles mentions that he ran a bar at the Skinnylegs site. Would that have been post-Redbeards and pre-Doug and Moe? Or before Redbeards? Was it anything before it was Redbeards?

And these are just the few phases I'm aware of. There seem to have been some less visible periods. I seem to recall once hearing that he was working security at a hotel. He lived during a period of tremendous change on the islands.
lprof

Post by lprof »

Most reading this thread have probably seen today's on-stjohn.com, but if you haven't...

http://www.on-stjohn.com/2011/03/25/com ... scrapbook/
lprof

Post by lprof »

From a Facebook post these are the details of the memorial service:

Victor Hall's Memorial Service: Music was Victor's passion, in celebration of his life and his passion there will be a Memorial Service honoring Victor on Monday, April 4th at 10:00am at the Frederick Lutheran Church in Cruz bay. If anyone would like to say a tribute to him please contact his daughter Yassin Hall at 786-309-5191.
Last edited by lprof on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

oh noooo

I am so sad and shocked to read that Victor has passed. I was friends with him on facebook and wanted to meet him on my next visit.

My thought and prayers are with his family, Just remember that he is in the ultimate PARADISE in heaven. :cry: :cry:
Lex

Post by Lex »

Victor's daughter is providing updated information via the link that Iprof provided above:

http://www.on-stjohn.com/2011/03/25/com ... scrapbook/

There's a link there for her email address. She's been very appreciative of the thoughts and memories that she's been receiving. When we lose someone, it's some comfort to learn that others are also affected by the loss, that their passing doesn't go unnoticed. Hearing that from total strangers can be even more uplifting than hearing it from our friends and family.

I didn't really know Victor at all and only spent a little time around him, but somehow he occupies a significant place in my memories. We often don't ever know what sort of impact we may have on people that we meet. It seems that Victor was one of those
people who had a lasting and very positive impact on many people, some of whom met him only briefly.
He was appreciated during his life and he is not forgotten now that he has passed on. I think everyone would be comforted to discover that about a loved one when they pass on.
hillcrest

Victor Hall, Memorial Service is April 4th., Luthern Church

Post by hillcrest »

Victor Hall, Memorial Service is April 4, 2011 at the Luthern Church in Cruz Bay, St. John, 10 am.
<A HREF="http://www.hillcreststjohn.com/">Hillcrest Guest House, St. John US Virgin Islands</A>
lprof

Post by lprof »

Memo from:
Yassin Hall
March 30th, 2011 23:51

There will also be a memorial at John Thomas in St. Thomas from 5 to 7pm on April 1st in addition to the Memorial on St. John on April 4th at the Lutheran Church in Cruz Bay at 10:00am

Thank you. Hope to see you there to honor my father.

Yassin Hall
March 30th, 2011 23:45 15

St. John entrepreneur Victor Arthur Emmanuel Hall died on St. John at the age of 61.

Victor was born in New York on February 15,1950. He was best known as the owner of the Kite, a legendary north shore bar that operated at Peter Bay in the 1980s.

Victor wore many hats, he was a musician,a fisherman,an engineer, you name it Victor could fix it when it came to electronics.

He was also a grandfather,father,a brother, a son and a real good friend to many. He is also know as the “Medicine Man” on St. John for his passion in herbal bush teas to cure just about any illness,he would say.

He is survived by his mother,Ethlyn L. Hall; sisters Phyllis Hall-Brin and Elsa Hall; brother Samuel H. Hall Jr,; daughter Yassin Hall; grandchildren: Roumell Augustine, Aubrey Warner Jr,; Marik and Yamisha Young; nieces Tanya Wernicke-Muldrow and Janov Brin-Taylor; as well as three nephews.

His father Samuel H. Hall is deceased.Music was Victor’s passion, in celebration of his life there will be a Memorial Service honoring Victor on Friday April 1st at the John Thomas Memorial Chapel from 5 T0 7pm. Then Monday April 4th at 10:00 am at the Nazareth Lutheran Church in Cruz Bay.

If any one would like to say a tribute to him please contact his daughter Yassin Hall at 786-309-5191 All arrangements are by John Thomas Memorial Chapel