Forumite Down

Travel discussion for St. John
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

The surgery went well. She was finished in less than two hours. The doctor said she broke the three boney prominences off the bones but the shafts were intact. She has a small steel plate and eight screws in the bones. The prognosis is the same. Six weeks with no weight and then start walking and rehabilitating it. He thinks a trip in three months will be a challenge but could be done.

She is back in her room but well sedated. They are going to try to send her home tomorrow, but may have to wait until Sunday.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

wow. so sorry to hear this. I hope she has a speedy recovery!
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

That sucks! Good luck with your rehab and atleast you guys will have a goal to shoot for. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Jim, oh-no!!! :cry: Please tell Diana that I'm thinking of her and wishing her the best possible (easy & quick) of recoveries. If there's anything that you can think of that I can do, let me know. For now, just give her my best and let her know that my thoughts are with her. (((hugs))) Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Oh No..thats terrible..Sorry to hear that..Hope she feels better soon !!!
[/url]
lprof

Post by lprof »

I am sorry that Diana had an accident, but I am very glad to hear that she is already on the way toward recovery... may it be easy, quick, and complete.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Oh man. Must've been a nightmare doing all that travelling with the injury. Sounds like it went as well as could be expected. Here's to a full and speedy recovery!
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Jim, I am very sorry to hear about Diana
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Jim, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how much Diana loves to dive and was so looking forward to this adventure. Give her my best; lord knows she's taken care of all the SOTB injuries each year!! Take care of her and yourself, will be thinking of both of you. Wishing for a quick recovery!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Oh, Jim, I'm so sorry! I hope that Diana's recovery is unexpectedly quick and easy!
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

The travel home must have been brutal...and now the hard part...RECOVERY. I hope the time flys by and physical therapy has her good as new in no time! Take good care of her!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Please let Diana know we are sending wishes for a speedy recovery. It sounds like a lot of people were trying to be very helpful in a situation that surely was less than ideal. Thank Goodness for DAN insurance.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
poolmom

Post by poolmom »

Jim,so sorry to hear about the accident. We met briefly last year at the beach bar. I was the one with the broken arm. I ended up having surgery two months later. Doing fine after that. Well wishes for a fast recovery.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery