First time to St John, what an awesome vacation!

Travel discussion for St. John
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

So great to read a trip report from a first-timer and hear the excitement and awe you were experiencing.

I've a Nikon D40X too but my pics don't look like yours. Obviously I need much more practise.

I remember after my 1st STJ trip, I was home only 3 weeks and could not get those Islands out of my head. I calculated exactly how much the trip cost and then started saving every payday and returned 10 months later.

Small changes add up to vacation savings in the bank: drink the free office Starbucks instead of buying; brown bag lunch; and then when I got more aggressive about vacations being my #1 priority I cut off the cable TV (15 months TV free now) and I stay off the cell phone so I don't "need" a cell plan.
~Brenda~
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Great report with beautiful pictures! I think you get it!! :D The villa looks great too!
Image[/url]
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

I'm so happy I decided to jump onto the Forum today and see if there were any trip reports/pictures floating around! Needed a "fix" badly. I could see your pictures, close my eyes and I was right there! So glad you enjoyed your 1st of many trips to St John...it will take your breath away. Thanks so much for sharing. Love the "tan" dove...
carron

Post by carron »

I'm so glad you enjoyed St. John as much as my husband and I do. We try to get back once or twice a year and always so excited to go, even after all these trips. Your pictures were beautiful!!!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

looks like a great time! your pictures are wonderful :)
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
koolbreeze

Post by koolbreeze »

Hello,all! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. Thought this would be a good time to jump in the pool. This is my long St. John history.
1970's-As a teen, I fell in love with the Virgin Islands while watching Erica Kane honeymoon there. I decided I was going there someday.

2003-We decided to visit the Virgin Islands. I called a travel agent, who convinced me that Hawaii would be a better choice. Off to Kauai we went. Beautiful place, but something was missing.

2005-I researched several Caribbean islands. Being nature lovers, St. John stood out among all the others. But we were nervous about visiting a place that seemed so foreign. And did that travel agent know something that we didn't? We decided to take our first(and only)cruise to check out St. John. The brief moment we were there, before we were whisked back to the ship, was unbelievable. Our ship departed at 5pm. It took me over 25 years to get there and after a couple of hours it was over. This was my "sailing of woe". I stood on the deck of the ship with tears rolling down my face, watching my dream island fade away.

2009-Finally, we celebrated our 25th anniversary on St. John. We stayed at Gallow's Point. This beautiful island was everything we had hoped for. Unspoiled beaches,great snorkeling from the beach, hiking, that unbelievable blue water-wow!

It took way to long to finally realize my St. John dream but I wasn't disappointed. We'll be back for our second stay in July. This time in a villa in Coral Bay. St. John is truly a special place.
I promise, any future posts will be shorter!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Koolbreeze- what a wonderful story! I think most of us identify with that feeling you had on the deck of that ship. Glad you'll be back again soon, and welcome to the forum!!