Mailing a box to St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
Need2GetAway

Mailing a box to St. John

Post by Need2GetAway »

I would like to mail a box of toiletries ahead of our trip, and I went to the USPS web site and it looks like you can send a "large" flat rate Priority Mail box for $14.95 and it only takes 3 days.

Do you think this is true?!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

pretty much true.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Just make sure you get a reliable place to mail it To (like Connections) and follow their directions for addressing the box EXACTLY. Caps and all.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Give yourself about 7 days. I sent a 15 lb box to a client on Monday this week and it isn't there yet.
Last edited by promoguy on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

When we mailed to Connections it took four business days. When we mailed it directly to the villa, it took a couple more days than that. I shipped a box from Connections back to my home on Tuesday before I left, and it arrived home yesterday! (2 days, I was amazed!)
Image[/url]
djmom

Post by djmom »

Agree, give more than three days...7-10. When I mailed mine the guy at the post office assured me it would be 3 days. I asked if he was sure, he said yes. I said even in the islands? He said yes.

It took at least 10 days.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I just sent a box (big one) to Connections via Priority Mail and it took about 4-6 days. It was great, no fuss not muss. The box was 16x16 and weighed 33 pounds. Connections charged $25 to hold. Well worth it!!
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

I am going to Samuels and they said I can send it righ there and they will put it in my cabin upon my arrival.. You might try this as well?
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

any one ever done this with cruz views?
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

If you're staying at Cruz Views, ask the management company, Caribbean Villas & Resorts, if they'll hold your package for you.

They were very accommodating when we rented through them.

TM
Pia

Post by Pia »

Average for purchases made and shipped to me via USPS is 7-10 days, the shortest arrival time was 4 days and the longest 6 weeks (but longest number of "days" was 18 as the 6 weeks was a fluke) I never expect the 2-3 guaranteed by every Stateside Post Office - don't believe them :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties