Charlie Sheen

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

So agree with you Chicagoan, thought of my poor FIL who is in hospice with cancer..can't compare that to his addiction. All I can say is he is a desperate father who is probably at his wits end by now, so it is hard to get too angry.
Connie

Post by Connie »

In general I really don't think he looks that great either. He did take a drug test and he was clean. Surprised me!

This is not just going to go away. Either he really gets some help or he's going to die.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.

Symptoms
A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

•React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation

•Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals

•Have excessive feelings of self-importance

•Exaggerate achievements and talents

•Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love

•Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

•Need constant attention and admiration

•Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy

•Have obsessive self-interest

•Pursue mainly selfish goals
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

Connie

Post by Connie »

Well Gidgetpickelbrain, I think you hit the nail on the head.

BTW, love you name :)
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Gidget, unfortunately you describe about 85 pct of those in Hollywood. The difference with Sheen is that his bad habits make him within the top 1 pct.

My guess is that he's toast. Hollywood eats their own and do not like this at all. No publicist now to help him out.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

He's toast. Plain & simple. :roll:
Coden

Post by Coden »

Well, after that interview...now I am just sick. How gross that he has two 24 year old's living with him.

And, why the mothers of his children are not fighting in court to keep this crazy man away from his/their children is beyond me.

I am so done with Charlie Sheen!!
Coden
Coden

Post by Coden »

Well, I posted too soon. Seems as if his children have been removed from his home overnight. Their mother is in rehab, and her mother will be taking care of them.
Coden
Connie

Post by Connie »

A court order was issued last night and the 2 children were taken from Charlie Sheen and now is in the custody of his extranged wife.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

For the record, I regret my initial rather vehemently negative comments. He clearly needs help even if he will not admit it.
---Jim
California Girl

I don't feel one bit sorry for Charlie Sheen! It's not like he's some down & out guy who has lost his job due to the economy and is living on the streets and has sunk into drugs and alcohol, or some guy in the 'hood who has always been poor and has resorted to selling drugs and pimping for a livelihood.

Nope, Charlie was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he has never wanted for anything. He doesn't respect anyone, especially not himself. This is what he chose to do with his fame & wealth.

Nope, I don't feel sorry for Charlie Sheen and I can't stir up any empathy for him. He's a self-made man.
Connie

Post by Connie »

California Girl wrote:I don't feel one bit sorry for Charlie Sheen! It's not like he's some down & out guy who has lost his job due to the economy and is living on the streets and has sunk into drugs and alcohol, or some guy in the 'hood who has always been poor and has resorted to selling drugs and pimping for a livelihood.

Nope, Charlie was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he has never wanted for anything. He doesn't respect anyone, especially not himself. This is what he chose to do with his fame & wealth.

Nope, I don't feel sorry for Charlie Sheen and I can't stir up any empathy for him. He's a self-made man.

Sorry but in a way I do feel sorry for him. If you've never known someone who is addicted to drugs or alcohol. Somebody that is extremely close to you. Who you love, then you just don't know.

I know.
Terry

Post by Terry »

But as we all know, HE is the one that needs to pull himself out of the trenches and do the good deed. He is obviously choosing not to and only HE can change that.

I am sad that he is getting so much publicity. However, maybe that publicity is sending a message to some that are discovering that they need help? Just a thought.

I know also.
California Girl

I know too. And that's why I don't have any sympathy for someone like Charlie Sheen who has had opportunity after opportunity to clean up his act, in some of the very best facilities, but he chooses not to. If he was trying even a little bit, I might find a shred of empathy for him, but sorry, I just can't.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Deleted by creator
Last edited by Terry on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.