Nashville, TN - in two days

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
jdw

Nashville, TN - in two days

Post by jdw »

My husband has to be in Nashville for a conference in late March. I am going to join him for the weekend. Would love some recommendations on what to see, where to eat, etc.

Any recommendations for a Sunday brunch?

Thanks.
JC

Post by JC »

The Loveless Cafe. The. Best. Breakfast. Ever :!:

"I didn't come here...and I ain't leavin'"
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

My friends and I still talk about "Roberts". The burgers were scrumptious but the entertainment was even better. I think we went there 2 or 3 times over the 5 days we were in Nashville.

Tootsies is fun for nightlife.

The Bluebird Cafe and anywhere else that will have a songwriter's showcase going on.

The Country Music Hall of Fame is a "Must See". The Ryman was memorable too.

The Opryland Hotel was beautiful (not so sure how it looks now after the devastating flood last summer). We went to see the Grand Ol Opry but IMO I wouldn't go again but I'm sure it's dependent on who is playing there at the time. We also went on the General Jackson which again, IMO, wasn't worth the time or money.
~Brenda~
toni

Post by toni »

Opryland hotel is all fixed. Had a conference there last month and it is a beautiful hotel. Unfortunately didn't get out other than the hotel :(
newby123

Post by newby123 »

I would definitely go to Loveless. It's not as good since the "Biscuit Lady" passed away last year, but still awesome. If you are into Country music, then the Country Music Hall of Fame is right downtown. The Opryland Hotel is quite a sight. It is open again. The mall next to the hotel is still closed due to the floods and may never reopen.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I love the Opryland Hotel. At least I did the last time I was there 15ish years ago. I think they had just finished a renovation then. Nashville is only 6 hours from where we live, I'm thinking we should make a trip soon. It's a fun city.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Is your conference downtown or out at Opryland? Regardless, you have to get downtown to see all the sights, and I definitely second the Ryman and Country Music Hall of Fame. Tootsies is OK, but all the honkytonks are pretty cool.

The Loveless is good for brunch, as is Pancake Pantry. They're both usually pretty busy because they are tourist hot spots. If you wanted to go check out Opryland anyhow, they used to have a nice Sunday brunch, but I can't tell if they have it since they reopened. You'd have to call. Copper Kettle and Bosco's Sunday Jazz Brunch would be my choices, though. Love those two restaurants.

If you have any more questions, let me know. I've lived here in Nashville five years now.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

Lulu - I didn't realize you were in Nashville - cool! We are staying at the Wyndham Union Station - is that near the downtown area?

I definitely want to try and get in a tour of the Ryman plus visit the Country Music Hall of Fame.

I will check on the brunch at the Opryland Hotel - we may do that on our way out on Sunday.

Thanks again!

j.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Yes, I love it here.

The Union Station is right downtown. Short walk or cab ride to all the sites down there. I love that hotel.

If you have any questions or want to grab a drink, give me a shout. I love when people come to visit.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Lulu76 wrote:Yes, I love it here.

The Union Station is right downtown. Short walk or cab ride to all the sites down there. I love that hotel.

If you have any questions or want to grab a drink, give me a shout. I love when people come to visit.
Lulu - I sent you a PM....