BVI Day Trip Recommendations

Travel discussion for St. John
surfnh

BVI Day Trip Recommendations

Post by surfnh »

We've done this a few times, things we enjoyed were snorkel at Indians, lunch at Norman (willie t's or pirates bight), quick stop at sandy spit, end the day at soggy's. I know alot of people love the caves, but we didn't think it was that great.

Talking to our gang of 20 somethings, everyone would like to try a different snorkel perhaps, maybe different lunch, and still hit sandy spit and soggy's in the afternoon.

We're thinking a trip to the baths is just too far to do, and still be able to hit Jost on the way back. What can anyone recommend for a awesome snorkel (similar to Indians) out maybe beyond Norman, but not as far as VG......and also then a place to eat out there?
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Cooper Island is a good stop for lunch. Marina Cay looks great, but its always been too rough for us to make the trip.
---Jim
Tuisitala

Post by Tuisitala »

Monkey Point
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

ok...was looking for monkey point on guana island...found this site..

http://www.visailing.com/articles/bvi-s ... -spots.htm
dundeeyank

Motor boat

Post by dundeeyank »

I really suggest if you want to go to the BVI that you charter a motor boat. We did it by sail last year and although the trip was outstanding, we only had a few hours the Soggy Dollar beach. The sail though was wonderful.
gregg havens
surfnh

Re: Motor boat

Post by surfnh »

dundeeyank wrote:I really suggest if you want to go to the BVI that you charter a motor boat. We did it by sail last year and although the trip was outstanding, we only had a few hours the Soggy Dollar beach. The sail though was wonderful.
Agreed....we've never used a sail boat to day trip to the BVI, you're fighting the prevailing winds. On the other hand, we're considering it for a week trip sometime, reviews on those have been outstanding.