I'm booked! Is a Last Minute Car Rental even possible??

Travel discussion for St. John
Ondine

I'm booked! Is a Last Minute Car Rental even possible??

Post by Ondine »

Hello All,
I'm happily booked for my last minute weekend getaway, Feb 11-15, staying at Lavender Hill and now facing the expected crunch of trying to find a jeep rental, even if just for one or two days....I've called quite a few of the local agencies with no luck....any ideas? I might need some outside the box ideas, any locals who want to rent their vehicle??
I will make the most of things, but sure would like to show my bf some of the island that I know so well.....
Thanks so much for any and all ideas or advice! Drinks at Beach Bar for any finders fee? (haha!)
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Have you tried Bougainvillea? http://www.stjohnjeeps.com/
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Ondine

Jeep Found!

Post by Ondine »

Thank you thank you, just tried Bouganvillea and managed to get a jeep for 3 days!! major yay, major score, in February no less!
Thank you Lark22....I owe you a Buchwacker or two! :-)
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

Try Denzil Cline Car Rentals 340-776-6715
cliffnchristi

Post by cliffnchristi »

Congrats on the last minute trip and successful Jeep rental. We are staying at Lavender Hill (unit 8E)for the first time in June. Would love to see a review when you return!

Have fun!!!
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

I will try to post something on Lavender Hill for you, I'm staying in 10E, so it should prove a reasonable comparison I would guess.....and, yes, very lucky on the jeep, thx to such helpful forumites! Every other rental place I called nearly laughed at me and just kept saying, it's February! (high season)....Can't wait, as I've just spent the past month in the snowy northeast, so feel deserving.
sadams

Post by sadams »

Yes...please let us know about Lavender Hill. We stayed at Battery Hill in January, but were wondering if Lavender Hill might be quieter on the nights bands were playing at the Beach Bar. We LOVED Battery Hill. Have a wonderful trip!!
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

@ Sadams: yes, I will definitely post atleast some details on Lavender Hill....I'm usually a Coral Bay or Concordia girl, but I know I will enjoy the convenience of being in-town and merely walking to dining and bars.
I can't wait...even after living in the Carib for the better part of the past 2 years, there is just something so special about STJ....I hope my bf "gets it".
sadams

Post by sadams »

Thanks....Have a wonderful trip!!!
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Glad they could help you out! Have a fabulous trip!!