Cruz Bay Weekend Getaway Choices

Travel discussion for St. John
Ondine

Cruz Bay Weekend Getaway Choices

Post by Ondine »

Hi forumites,
So glad to be planing my return to STJ, yet it will be just a weekend getaway (Feb 10-14) and choosing Cruz Bay, so as to reduce any critical need for a car....which would you choose of these:
Cruz Views, Tamarind, Samuels Cottages, Lavendar Hill, looking to keep a modest budget, as this is just a pure last minute trip so that I might visit bf who is based in STT...dont want his first STJ visit to be anything so modest it colors his view of the island.....
Thx for any and all input or advice!
lprof

Post by lprof »

Did you see this recent thread?

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... sc&start=0

May be some new ideas there. Have a fun time!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

Thanks so much Iprof, much to review on just that one thread....then back to trying to decide on which one!
islandchef

Post by islandchef »

For my money, you just can't beat lavender hill. Great location within easy walking distance of anything in Cruz bay. A nice pool, which while shared with other guest of the condos never seems to be occupied (in my experience at least.)Great views from the balconies. Clean and well furnished, Well stocked kitchens. Lots of parking (if you DO choose to rent a vehicle.) Fast & free wireless internet. There is a little store (everyting) literally 20 steps from the parking lot that has a surpisingly large selection of groceries (milk, bread, eggs, RUM!!!)and you can rent snorkel gear from there too... we normally just start a tab when we first get there and pay it on our way down to the ferry dock on our way out. Cool "back pack" style beach chairs with every unit plus plenty of beach towels so you dont have to lug all that to the island (a huge plus for carry on only types like me.) The guys who handle the booking are super nice & Charlie the onsite property manager is great and easy to get in touch with if you need anything... the list goes on and on...
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

Thank you islandchef!
yes, I think I have been leaning towards Lavendar Hill quite strongly, good to hear more details like that, as it does sound near perfect for what I'm looking for....its almost more difficult to choose when one knows the island so well....thx again, hopefully my next post will read that I'm booked! :-)
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Lots of Cruz Bay options listed on Ruth's site...
http://www.stjohnspice.com/links.htm
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Is anyone familiar with the views at Lavender Hill vs Cruz Views? Looking at the site, the views, especially from the pool area, don't seem as nice.

An easy walk into Cruz Bay might make that detail insignificant, though.
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

I'm partial to Cruz Views as we have stayed so many times. The hill is pretty brutal but it is close to town. If your in good shape wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm getting older and fatter with every passing year. We always get a jeep. No matter where you stay get a jeep for a day and cruise the island you won't be dissappointed and it's a blast.