No plans Trip report- Final Installment

Travel discussion for St. John
Xislandgirl

No plans Trip report- Final Installment

Post by Xislandgirl »

Travel Day

After a full nights sleep…imagine that :lol: , we got up early, ready to enjoy a few hours on the beach before a 3:52 flight…but it was cloudy. :cry: We decided, after much grumbling and whining, that we would pack up and take the 11am boat, have lunch at Gladys’ and do a little shopping in STT.

We cleaned up, packed up, gassed up the jeep and dropped it off. We were sad. This was such a quick trip, but we really were able to relax and neither of us wanted to leave.
A quick stop to STJ Spice to buy and ship my ornament exchange ornament, a quick hello to Pia and we were off.
I will not bore you with the remainder of the day. Lunch at Gladys’ was wonderful, Charlotte Amalie was mobbed and the airport has a new carry on only security that was super fast.

Here is a link to all my pics, less than 100, the camera took a break this trip.

Random Musings:
Helping a forumite will come back to you in surprising ways. Thanks Pip! :lol:
Meeting new forum folks is equally as good as hanging out with old forum friends. :D
Seeing Ruth makes me smile. :D
Capt John and Rachel are 2 things that make my trip. :D
Fresh air at night is over rated. Shut the window, turn on the AC, and enjoy the quiet. :wink:
When your over-worked, highly stressed husband says his soul feels good on day 3, you start looking for ways to get back to the island sooner than you had planned. :mrgreen:
5 days is not enough, but for me, either is 25, so I take what I can get. 8)
I don’t need a luxury villa with all the bells and whistles. I need a bedroom, a bathroom, a place to make coffee, and a kick a$$ view; everything else is just fluff. 8)
After 5 installments, 100s of views, and only half a dozen comments, I am beginning to think that no one cares about my trip reports. :roll:
A less structured trip was just what we needed…and now the next chapter…when do we return? :mrgreen:
BRY1105

Re: No plans Trip report- Final Installment

Post by BRY1105 »

Xislandgirl wrote:After 5 installments, 100s of views, and only half a dozen comments, I am beginning to think that no one cares about my trip reports.
Wrong. Trip reports are one of the best parts about this forum!
Bryan
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

X,

I really enjoyed your trip reports - thank you for sharing!

I do feel bad when I read and don't post but I also hate posting when I have nothing exciting to add.

I did want you to know you are appreciated - thank you!
NancyB
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

All the reports have been great I just wait to the end to post
Last edited by waterguy on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

You're Very Welcome. Thank you for the help!
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

No X, sorry to make you feel unappreciated! For me, its the time of year, I have time to read, but not to comemnt. Loved the reports, glad you ahd a great trip.
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Well, I care about your trip report and I enjoyed reading them. We can get together and you can tell me all about your trip, I love hearing about STJ.
Thanks for writing it. :D
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

so does this mean you will do less planning in the future? bahahahahahahhahahahaaa I crack myself up!
Glad you had a peaceful and enjoyable trip!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

No worries folks, I was actually checking to see if anyone would catch it! :lol:
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Where is the link to your full set of pictures that you mention? You got some great sunset shots and I would like to see the others.

I am glad you had such a relaxing trip. It sounded like a really fun time.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

liamsaunt wrote:Where is the link to your full set of pictures that you mention? You got some great sunset shots and I would like to see the others.

I am glad you had such a relaxing trip. It sounded like a really fun time.
Oops! Here you go
http://travel.webshots.com/album/579292 ... ost=travel
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We had such a wonderful lunch at Gladys' during our last trip. I think a pre-airport lunch there is a great idea!
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I've loved every trip report. We always go with a "no plan" agenda so I can totally relate to this trip. Thanks for taking us along.
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

what!? no! i read all trip reports and your was wonderful. that sunset view made me think of the froggy sounds at night on the island and i got goosebumps.

i usually don't comment on trip reports cuz i'm reading installments as a qucik break during work...
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Really did enjoy your report! I appreciate you taking the time to bring us with you. I tend to read the installments, then comment on the last one.

Glad you had a great time!