Bad news/ good news

Travel discussion for St. John
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Sending healing thoughts!! Coral Bay is fabulous -- we're staying there for our 3rd trip in a row. You'll love it!
lavender

Post by lavender »

Wishing you well in your recovery!!! What a wonderful thing for you to focus on as you rest and recover - a trip to paradise!!! We have always stayed in Coral Bay and love it there - you will love it too I am sure! The views, the laid back attitude, etc!!! Enjoy your time there and best wishes to you and your wife too!!!
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Just thinking about St. John can be a healing place.
So start smiling and dreaming of St John. I'm
sending extra strength,prayers, and smiles your way.
Beach Creecher
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Hugs and prayers from Wisconsin!
STJ IS a great place to heal.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

As we all know STJ has healing powers in many levels. I wish you a speedy recovery and a healing visit to our special place. My prayers go out to you and Lysa c too!
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Traveler, thank you for sharing. So glad to hear that you haven't had any ill effects from your surgery. A trip to our favorite place in February sounds awesome. We were in Coral Bay for a week in June. I can second the Donkey Diner breakfast. We loved Aqua Bistro for dinner several nights, the chef is awesome and very engaging! Look for the donkeys bedding down in the fire station in the evening...so funny to see them at rest behind the fire truck! It is always energizing to have a great trip to look forward to. The anticipation of going back makes life good! :)
Nancie-Pa

Post Subject

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Traveler,with all the good vibes being sent your way, here's some from me too ((( :) ))), you're bound to beat this thing.
The healing waters and the smiling people,the warm sand and the fresh air will surely do you good.
Enjoy the trip and the anticipation of it!
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

Traveler healing thoughts heading your way. I have to say your wife is a very smart lady. St.John is just what you both need. Coral Bay is a lot more laid back.
The sunrises are amazing and the people very friendly.
I have to suggest the Ram's head hike. There is something spiritual or magical out there. We will actually be staying in Coral Bay until the 18th maybe we will meet up.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

More good vibes coming to you from California! Your trip makes me think of a Steve Simonsen print I bought...

http://simonsen.photoshelter.com/image? ... AE-&GI_ID=

I know you will come home renewed! All the best!
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I think your stay in Coral Bay will not disappoint and may even be a nice change. I'm excited for you that you have this upcoming trip to look forward to during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a positive outcome and speedy recovery!! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Most importantly good wishes to you for a full recovery. Secondly, your wife is a genius. Thirdly, we started as Cruz Bay/Chocolate Hole people and are now FULL ON Coral Bay addicts (I blame JT). You will love it.

Have a most excellent trip and many wishes to your wellness!
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Thanks again for all the best wishes everyone. Ill be checking in alot more since Im not allowed to do anything else for a month and yes, my beach bunny is a genius and a very good ER nurse, so Im in good hands! A very special thanks to " in the system " and his wonderful wife Wendy (our trip partners) who have taken care of the both of us since we received the news. Now, what did I do with that ticker?
Rachelle & Joe

Bad news/Good news

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

So sorry to hear..... Our Heartfelt Thoughts & Prayers will be with you & your family. Enjoy each other & STJ ! Big Hugs your way !
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Coral Bay on STJ sounds like just the right medicine!

Dr. Gromit prescribes the following:

1) One Skinny Legs burger
2) One peice of Miss Vies Garlic Chicken with Johnny Cake.
3) One Lobster Roll from the Tourist Trap
4) Ben & Jerry's Peace Pops (once, by mouth, daily)
5) One "crack bar" from Deli Grotto

Feel free to wash any of these down with your beverage of choice.

Dr. Gromit also prescribes the Drunk Bay hike (this is a very easy walk from Salt Pond Beach if you are planniNg to be there already). Make sure you spend time looking at all the coral sculptures and create your own.

Lots of random hugs should be solicited and you should attend at least one Beach Bar Forum gathering to meet your hug quota. You CANNOT let your hug-o-meter get too low!!

If you follow Dr. Gromit's orders, you will start to feel the healing powers of STJ in no time!

(((HUGS)))

PS. Once you go Coral Bay you never go back! :lol:
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

I'm so glad that your surgery went well and you are feeling pretty good. I am sorry you are having to go through it at all! St. John's healing waters are definitely the place to head.

We are Coral Bay fans as well. We barely need to go to Cruz Bay at all and prefer more of the restaurants in Coral.

Aqua Bistro is a huge favorite that often gets overlooked on this board. We love Skinnys, Shipwreck (fish and chips are out of this world good) and Island Blues too. Just driving out that direction is so relaxing. I hope your trip is perfect! Enjoy planning!