Watch for new speed bumps on North Shore Road

Travel discussion for St. John
Pia

Watch for new speed bumps on North Shore Road

Post by Pia »

Yep thats right we have new speed bumps on North Shore :(

The first one is right at the top of the hill as you exit Cruz Bay just past Estate Lindholm - you actually have a hard time seeing it until you are almost on it especially as you are heading back to town. Then we have 2 at Jumbie, 1 at Trunk - just as you exit Trunk and start up the switchback and then finally at Cinnamon.

Boy they are a pain and boy are they big - drive safely

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
tjwgrr

Re: Watch for new speed bumps on North Shore Road

Post by tjwgrr »

Pia wrote:Yep thats right we have new speed bumps on North Shore :(

The first one is right at the top of the hill as you exit Cruz Bay just past Estate Lindholm - you actually have a hard time seeing it until you are almost on it especially as you are heading back to town. Then we have 2 at Jumbie, 1 at Trunk - just as you exit Trunk and start up the switchback and then finally at Cinnamon.

Boy they are a pain and boy are they big - drive safely

Pia

How will the snowplows deal with them? :o

We'll be watching for them next week- thanks for the heads up!
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

:( On no! I remember all the huge speed bumps on Tortola when we stayed there several years ago and I was so glad that we didn't have to contend with them on STJ. Oh, well, another "improvement" to adjust to. Thanks for the heads-up, Pia.
hugo

Post by hugo »

On the other hand, there are NONE on the Pine Piece to Westin stretch (a few other problems but not speed bumps) or at Gift Hill School, since the repaving. And only 1.5 below Supreme Corner in Pastory since the floods!
dctac

Post by dctac »

On Kauai their called speed humps.... I think that sounds better..................
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

On many of the Down Islands -- they are called " sleeping policeman" - that however could easily cause some confusion in the USVI.
Last edited by Exit Zero on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Yes I grew up with "Sleeping Policemen" (in England) - I know there is a joke in there somewhere maybe some could say all STJ police are......oh never mind :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Exit Zero wrote:On many of the Down Islands -- they are called " sleeping policeman" - that however could easily cause some confusion in the USVI.
That's funny!
irbgolfin

Post by irbgolfin »

A few years ago I was on a visit to Panama City, Panama, where there are plenty of speed bumps. My very limited Spanish was expanded to include the local slang for speed bump, policia muerto, which in literal translation means dead policeman. :D
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Also, last week on Northshore, there was a NPS SUV on the shoulder near Caneel. Think he was operating radar. Nevr had seen that before.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Pia wrote:I know there is a joke in there somewhere maybe some could say all STJ police are......oh never mind :)

Pia
:lol:
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
mrscherry2000

Post by mrscherry2000 »

In Tanzania, they call them sleeping policemen. :)

I'll keep my eye out for them.
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

Yesterday, in Pine Peace area, by the gas station to Jacobs ladder, they were shaving down the road to remove all the asphalt that slid away during the rains. 1/2 the road was done...but I am thinking they are going to do this as fast as possible. They were working PAST FIVE O'CLOCK!!! Unheard of! It was fun being stuck on Jacobs Ladder, half way down...not.

Pia, you got to see the speed bumps on North Shore? Isn't that where all the beaches are? Lucky! :D