Forum question

Travel discussion for St. John
psufan

Forum question

Post by psufan »

Since Anthony needs new topics I have one for you. After I return from a trip to St John I find it almost unbearable to read this wonderful forum because I miss vacation/St John so much. I wait a few months and then start creeping back on when it isn't so painful or when I start planning another trip! Does this happen to anyone else?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

yes and no. I'm most lurking here at all times but it is more interesting when I have something planned. but it is an addiction that I am unable to step away from :lol: 8) :roll:
KathyMN

Post by KathyMN »

psufan....
I agree with you 100%. You are not alone! As soon as we start "thinking seriously" of heading to our favorite place, I immediately start lurking, and occasionally posting. Once or twice everyday. But, after we get back home.. if we don't have another trip in the works, I simply cannot bear it. So, I may go for a whole year without my "fix". Crazy? Probably. But I think it just makes me too depressed reading about it (STJ), when I know I can't be there. Fortunately, only 2 months to go! whooohoooo! Especially nice when they're predicting a snowstorm here tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving!
jwwj

Post by jwwj »

I'm a yes/no. I also lurk here and the other forum year round and occasionally post and also check out the spice cam several times a day.
As a serious addict I know it will always be less than a year before I'm back but when the ticker is more than 10 months it's pretty depressing.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.
Bandit

Re: Forum question

Post by Bandit »

psufan wrote:After I return from a trip to St John I find it almost unbearable to read this wonderful forum because I miss vacation/St John so much. I wait a few months and then start creeping back on when it isn't so painful or when I start planning another trip! Does this happen to anyone else?
This is known as the Dreaded Island Fever or DIF. There is presently no known cure other than to proceed with trip planning for your next visit.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Yes PSUfan I have the same issue. I usually start obsessively reading this forum when winter sets in for good and if there is a trip in the pipeline.
psufan

Post by psufan »

I am officially in the mode of checking the forum multiple times a day because I have a new trip to look forward too. Villa booked, vehicle reserved, flights booked, now all I need is for the days to pass by quickly!

Nice to know that I am not the only one who suffers from St John withdrawal! We always say re-entry is hell. That includes re-entry into forum lurking!
augie

Post by augie »

It takes me a few weeks to get my trip report posted in its entirety - by that time the depression has mostly worn off...
Come see us!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I only wish I could tear myself away! It is quite painful if we don't have a trip soon, but I can't bear to not check the forum at least once or twice a week. Mostly replying, I' a chatter. I love to get my fix here and on the spice cam!
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

psufan wrote:Since Anthony needs new topics I have one for you. After I return from a trip to St John I find it almost unbearable to read this wonderful forum because I miss vacation/St John so much. I wait a few months and then start creeping back on when it isn't so painful or when I start planning another trip! Does this happen to anyone else?
Anthony needs more topics ? Did I miss a memo ?

I have a suggestion; Bring back... Jorge, SoxFan, SJNJ.

It sure would help with the stagnation around here... and it is the holiday season. :D :D :D :D
Connie

Post by Connie »

Dave, I'd be very surprised to see Jorge back on these forums :shock:
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

psufan wrote:...After I return from a trip to St John I find it almost unbearable to read this wonderful forum because I miss vacation/St John so much...
Oh, yes!! The pain of reentry is almost unbearable. It takes me several weeks before I can even read the forum RSS feed and longer before I can visit the site and even longer before I can post. In fact, this is my first post since my last reentry last June.

I guess it is time to start planning for next Spring!

Safe & Happy Thanksgiving to all
-John
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

Connie wrote:Dave, I'd be very surprised to see Jorge back on these forums :shock:
I agree and I'm not suggesting that any of the three mentioned would even want to come back... but it was a much more interesting, informative, and fun forum when they were on here. JMO.
parafins

visiting this site...

Post by parafins »

As Willie sings it..."You are always on my mind...you are always on my mind." I visit this site and ON-STJOHN.COM everyday,Monday through Friday.{The week before or the week after visiting the rock}I like to be up to date on what's going on there, expecially with such issues as the Lion Fish and it's impact on the reef. Parafins...
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

I must say I've also turned into an addict. But if I have to be addicted to anything, it would be the forum and spice cam! It's a LOT healthier than some other types of addictions.