liquer on cruises

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Nanque

Post by Nanque »

We were on a Princess cruise 6 weeks ago to the Greek Islands. We brought several bottles of wine on at every port. There was a total of 8 adults, would have happy hour on connecting decks. Also as we had room service, the price of a bottle of alcohol was reasonable. Princess charges $15 if you bring a bottle of wine to the dining room.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Now these sound interesting.
Terry

Post by Terry »

I think that the re-entry onto the ship with alcohol depends upon your port and cruise line. Cozumel had no problem with us going on board the ship with as much alcohol as we did.

We pack powder packets (Crystal lite)Ask for a bottle of Vodka for the room and off we go!

I agree that with all the add-ons a person can do, a cruise is not the most value vacation sometimes.

The best deals are for those that live in FLA or a port town and can look for lines that are not full at the last minute. If you can drop everything and cruise like that, you will get a real bargain!

Doing your own excursions saves a great deal of money.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

We have been on a couple of Carnival cruises and I packed the plastic bottles of booze in our checked bag with no problems. You can also purchase a bottle from room service and keep it in your room. Bring a travel cup with you and make your own drinks before heading to the pool.