Villa Booked - Now What???

Travel discussion for St. John
mask&fins

Post by mask&fins »

We had the kids (11,9 and 7) snorkel in a local pool this summer to get them ready as we will also be first timers. We have a reservation with Palm Tree on our 4th day on the island so we will also have a couple days to snorkel from the beach.

For fares many travel websites (I have used Orbitz) have fare watching programs. You put in the range of dates you are looking to travel and the number of days and it will contact you via email once the fare is available below a target amount that you set.
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

mask&fins and chicagoans - Thanks for your input with kids and everyone else. I would not take a charter probably until near the end of the trip so we are all comfortable in the water. Both our kids are good swimmers and love the water.

I hope to be able to also practice before we go in our sisters pool so we do not look like fools at least not the parents. I am sure the kids will probably pick it up faster then mom and dad.

Thanks again all!!!
BillnSue

Post by BillnSue »

Hey Doylestown PA,
We are only up the turnpike about an hour north. My husband and I have traveled to STJ since 1985 and there's no time like the present to book your vehicle rental and flights. I'm assuming you are flwing from Philly. We have booked flights 6 mos. in advance and have found the best rates... (book on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning for the best rates...we usually use Orbitz). If you are staying in a villa your rental agency can help with the vehicle rental. (We use St. John Car Rental and have always been pleased).
Good luck. Send us a message if you need more info.
Sue and Bill
Clarks Summit, PA
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Thanks BillnSue for the information. Our reservations are from a Thursday to following Saturday so booking a flight probably Thursday. Not sure if we will fly out of Philly but my guess is that it will probably be EWR since it seems they get better rates. Will just have to wait and see. Just a quick question but do you snorkel and if so where did you get your snorkel gear. Not sure what is around our area as have not researched yet but will be doing so soon. Thanks so much.