Anyone have inlaw travel advice? (this is a tuff one)

Travel discussion for St. John
LiamH

Anyone have inlaw travel advice? (this is a tuff one)

Post by LiamH »

My question is a simple one.

If you have a day (drop in) guest (IE: visiting your guests at the Westin / Gallows / Caneel or the day) that brought a $7 bottle of Wine from STT to the Westin pool the day before to drink and left it there with empty cheetoos bags, a few feet from the pool.

How exactly do you tell your relative that his wife can not do this on St John.... especially if they are coming back with you? (I guess you can do that at the Marriott in STT)

I am hoping you may have had a similar experience..
(If so, my condolences..) :)

Any helpfull hints? I am hoping to just copy and paste the link to the responses, as a subtle hint.. :)

- Liam
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

Well... You cannot do that anywhere. Glass and pools don't work together - NEVER. Just say that?
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Cheetohs with wine? Does the trailer court they live in have a name like Del Boco Vista? lmao :lol:
Greenskeeper

Post by Greenskeeper »

I would have just said, as they were getting up to leave, "Oops, looks like you forgot something" and pointed out their Cheeto's and cheap wine bottle.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Jorge wrote:Cheetohs with wine? Does the trailer court they live in have a name like Del Boco Vista? lmao :lol:
Jorge, have I said that I am glad you are back!??

Honestly, don't over think it. Simply mention that you hope they aren't disappointed but when we are in St. John "this" is how it works.

Cheetohs? I think the are the MOST disgusting food ever! Bleck. This is mean, but I am imaginging this person sucking their orange fingers and slurping their wine. If I were there I would enjoy watching!

xoxo
LiamH

Thank you all!

Post by LiamH »

Ladies & Gents,

Everyone thought I was being to rough on them when I told them about how someone left a bottle and Cheetos at the Westin... You have vindicated me.

& yes, one of the family married into wine & Cheetos. They think the Marriot in St Thomas ( which is nice) was an upgrade from the Beach Villas, Caneel & Gallows.. :)

Oh the joy of family..!

- Liam
RidgeRunner

Post by RidgeRunner »

What were they thinking?

EVERYONE knows you complement cheetos with BEER, not wine.

How dare they?

Some people...
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

[quote="XOXO Cheetohs? I think the are the MOST disgusting food ever! Bleck. This is mean, but I am imaginging this person sucking their orange fingers and slurping their wine.
xoxo[/quote]

My MIL is a cheetohs addict, after many discussions about just how bad they are for someone who has undergone triple bypass she switched to Chezits!

I kid you not.
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

A good (fluffy) friend of mine works in an ER xraying people. She informed me that the other day while xraying a client she found a Dorito buried up in one of her folds while flipping her over. Just a bit of snack info in case you were getting the munchies. :?:
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

RidgeRunner wrote:What were they thinking?

EVERYONE knows you complement cheetos with BEER, not wine.

How dare they?

Some people...
Either way, both great for dipping!
Well?
Did you say something? I'd personally bring it up immediately. Just tell them that not only will locals totally berate them humiliatingly, but also plenty of other tourists as well.
Tell them they're better to hear it from you, being family & all.
Either that or wait until the inevitable uncomfortable confrontation with a local. We were cussed at last year by a taxi driver because a friend in the passenger seat threw his cigarette butt out the window.
The driver honked & waved wildly until I pulled over, where he continued to yell at my friend, including a threat to take the plate # and report him to the police.
He was mortified,I thought he knew better.
Good luck, and hope you straighten his ass out!
Smiles-
MJ
Heather

Post by Heather »

oh my......is Boone's Farm up to $7?! Or is that for the scuba tank size?
Timethief

Post by Timethief »

Heather wrote:oh my......is Boone's Farm up to $7?! Or is that for the scuba tank size?
Are they still making Boone's Farms? I thought it was a fad, or just a scam to take in as many $2 bills as they could get, then disappear!

I may have to look for that next time I am at the liquor store (or better yet, see if they have it at Starfish Market Wine Shop - and then check the week and year of the vintage!)

As for the in-laws, tell them that you will disown them if they do something so idiotic and completely foolish - and then pray they do it! Win-Win!

Keep Smiling!!! :lol:
-Peter

I would much rather die while I am living, than live while I am dead!
Greenskeeper

Post by Greenskeeper »

Around here they call Cheetohs "Dorchester Shrimp".
loria

Post by loria »

now, now--don't knock inexpensive wine--seriously--i have found a VERY respectable chilean sauvignon for about 8 bucks and that is in NY--and it is truly good. it's called Anakena. At the price point an excellent value for an every day wine.

cheetos. well, i sort of draw the line well ahead of cheetos......

and doritos in skinfolds....well, i just threw up in my mouth.....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Taking in-laws was your first mistake. I can say no more. Self incrimination and all that.