Rest In Peace, Mr. B.

Travel discussion for St. John
seaera

Post by seaera »

I am new to the forum so never really got to know Mr. B unfortunately but the outpouring of love and all the fond memories shared are truly touching.

To Mrs. B - I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry:
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

I am not a big poster here, but sending prayers to MrsB... I always enjoyed MrB's posts and writing style....

Mike F
Heather

Post by Heather »

Amy and family, my heartfelt sympathy for your loss. This forum has allowed people to touch the hearts of others without ever meeting. Hold your loved ones often and never miss an opportunity to make them feel loved. Life is too short................
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Our heartfelt sympathy to Mrs. B and family. I felt the love for a great guy by reading the posts. May you find comfort in your memories, they become the treasure.
Terry

Post by Terry »

I never met Mr. B, but enjoyed his contribution to this forum.

Anyway...hey...he brought Jorge back, in a back door way!

God bless all of Mr. B's family.

T.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Amy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray our Lord will give you strength, comfort, and peace.
sherban

Post by sherban »

Amy- So sorry for your loss...I can't imagine how difficult it is...

Peace to you in your grieving...

Best wishes-
Sherb (the google map guy)
patr

Post by patr »

I will miss Mr B's antics and wit. I especially enjoyed his animated avatar.

Mrs. B, I pray that you will find comfort in the love of family and friends. I know for certain you will cherish all of your precious St John memories.

God bless
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
Barbara

Charity info soon

Post by Barbara »

It is hard to believe that John is gone. We will surely get a bit of closure by doing something in his name. We have some ideas for charity and remembering John (as if we could forget him!) Fun things. But please give us a few more days. We have to get blessings from Amy! I promise to keep you posted.
_____
Things I have in common with a raccoon: dark circles under my eyes, stay up all night, eat junk.....you know the rest!
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and condolences. I feel surrounded by people who loved John and who love me and that means everything at a time like this.

I thought a lot about charities John would like and came up with the following:

The V Foundation (For gastric Cancer research)
http://www.gastriccancer.org/html/donate.html
Gastric Cancer Fund
106 Towerview Court
Cary, NC 27513

The ASPCA (he loved animals of course)
http://www.aspca.org/donate/
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
424 East 92nd Street
New York, NY 10128

https://www.pennenvironment.org/donate4
Penn Environment
1420 Walnut Street
Suite 650
Philadelphia, PA 19102

God Bless,
Amy
When will I see St John again?
Barbara

Charities

Post by Barbara »

We may have one more charity to offer. But we need a few more days. I say we. What I really mean is that somebody on the Forum, ain't saying who, has a really great idea. But it ain't time to reveal yet! So just a few more days. Promise! It is hard to be still and wait. But it is a surprise. Just hold on! I don't want to spoil it. And we gotta wait for all the pieces to fall into place. I wish it was my idea. Darn!
_____
Things I have in common with a raccoon: dark circles under my eyes, stay up all night, eat junk.....you know the rest!
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

My sympathy goes out to Mrs. B and your family and friends. I remember the thread mr. B started asking for research for curing cancer instead of treatment. I have seen SO much cancer lately and I agree that we need to figure out how to prevent and stop cancer. Wouldn't it be a great day when we can say cancer cannot cause anyone to suffer ever again, never take a loved one, or cause us fear that our loved one or ourself will be next.

Mrs. B, I lost my uncle to cancer last week. He fought so hard. I have a small glimpse into what you and mr. B have been through and you have my sympathy.

We sat on different sides of the isle politically, but, I appreciate that he didn't censor himself.

Gina
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Mrs B my sympathies go out to ya. Let those cherished memories get you through these tough times. While they will bring tears at first they will heal and bring a smile as time goes on.
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

Mrs. B - My thoughts are with you and yours during this difficult time.
Paula

b-as-u-r

Re: Charities

Post by b-as-u-r »

Barbara wrote:We may have one more charity to offer. But we need a few more days. I say we. What I really mean is that somebody on the Forum, ain't saying who, has a really great idea. But it ain't time to reveal yet! So just a few more days. Promise! It is hard to be still and wait. But it is a surprise. Just hold on! I don't want to spoil it. And we gotta wait for all the pieces to fall into place. I wish it was my idea. Darn!
Some sort of forum relay for life; oh Leslie.....
STJ - I "get it"