Playing the airfare game

Travel discussion for St. John
Shari

Playing the airfare game

Post by Shari »

I'm playing the game, but the airline is winning. Checked prices last week after we'd settled on a villa--$650. Waited until Saturday to book, and the fare went to $950. Sure that I could find a complicted connection and get it cheaper, I waited. Today I'm looking at $1050. At this rate, the airfare will soon be more than the holiday rate we're paying for the villa! I love STJ, but it's sure not easy to get there! :)
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Don't forget to clear your cookies on the computer. Sometimes that helps if you are using the same booking site.

Maggy
BillnSue

Post by BillnSue »

Shari, I too have played the airfare game and have experianced if you book on Tuesday or Wednesday morning the rates are much better. Good Luck. Sue
phyl

Post by phyl »

When do you leave and where are you leaving from? I make myself nuts about the whole airfare game but Ive found sometimes we need to drive further to save money....I live in Harrisburg and we are driving to Newark to fly out. With paying for gas and a hotel room both ways, it still saved us money. Thats flying with 4 adults. HOWEVER, when I look at the airfare out of HBG now (40 days out from our trip) the airfare has gone WAY down and there are still seats available. It kinda ticked me off bc it would really save on travel time but I got a great fare out of Newark. You just need to find what your comfort zone is. 8) Good luck!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Clear cookies, and check again Tuesday evening.

What's your travel date?
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Shari

Post by Shari »

We're traveling 12/23 and 12/30--prime holiday travel times, I know. What's the scoop on Cape Air?
Shari

Post by Shari »

Forgot to say that Cincinnati/Dayton are our top airports, although we've flown out of Indianapolis, Columbus, Louisville and Lexington.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We have used Cape Air several times over the past few years.

Overall good experiences. Cape Air is know for its excellent safety practices.

The plane are small. Passengers are seated by weight, no exceptions. This was a tiny issue for us once when I and our toddler were in the back of the place and my husband was up front. I was hoping we would be together to deal with our son. Turned out to be ok as our son fell asleep after take off.

At least once, maybe twice, our luggage came over to STT behind us. Sort of a pain but the same can happen on any airline.