St Thomas Trip Report 4/13-4/20 --PART1

Travel discussion for St. John
sherban

St Thomas Trip Report 4/13-4/20 --PART1

Post by sherban »

This is going to be a pretty quick trip report but I'm glad to answer any questions or PMs...and may add more later....as I remember things.

Photos all here-
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71 ... il%202010/

My wife and I flew CLT to STT on Tuesday April 13, had a great flight, got off in STT had a few shots of Cruzan and then Dependable car rentals picked us up. We rented a small 4 door compact this time...it was fine, AC worked, radio worked, car was a bit dinged up but that may be best anyway. Our stateside Insurance (State Farm) covered the rental in STT.

We stayed at a cottage in a private residence in Estate Harmony, they had an awesome view there (one of the best on Island), a great pool, Brian was a good host and the cottage was fine, nothing great nothing bad...what we expected for $1200/week.
The view-
The porch-
The bedroom-
It was interesting staying with a local...he was a good host and we enjoyed it. We used a GPS to find our way to the villa, it worked well once it aquired satellite signals. We stopped at Plaza extra to get some basics on the way.
Loved this lamp on their veranda-
First night we went to Greenhouse for beers and food, it was Ok, nothing great...too tired to stay up for the late night dancing that night...
JT

Post by JT »

Keep it coming. Curious as to, well, you know, oh shoot, someone finish my train of thought, i mean the name of the forum is after all, Virgin-Islands-On-Line.com....
Seriously, looking forward to a STT trip report, especially from someone who has spent a vacation on STJ. How'd it go?
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Hiya Sherban! Gosh you've gone n' back already ... only means it's my turn now! :D Heading to Miami tomorrow and then fly out saturday morn'n, YAY!!

Glad your cottage made you happy and had such fab views! Looking forward to hearing more about your visit ... so onto part 2.

I agree about the lamp too.

Kathy
DELETED

Re: St Thomas Trip Report 4/13-4/20 --PART1

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
sherban

Re: St Thomas Trip Report 4/13-4/20 --PART1

Post by sherban »

SJfromNJ wrote:
sherban wrote: got off in STT had a few shots of Cruzan
No kidding about that. I arrived Easter Sunday morning to be greeted by the ladies saying "welcome to St Thomas, have a few shots of pineapple rum." I did my best to oblige.
I tried mango and pineapple in the airport after arriving...I liked Mango better.

We brought four bottles home...our host on STT gave us a complimentary bottle of Cruzan Mango and we slurped it up in no time...yum.

Not sure what we bought...I think Mango, Pineapple, ...something and something else...I'll have to check...we need to get some juice now....
sherban

Post by sherban »

JT wrote:Keep it coming. Curious as to, well, you know, oh shoot, someone finish my train of thought, i mean the name of the forum is after all, Virgin-Islands-On-Line.com....
Seriously, looking forward to a STT trip report, especially from someone who has spent a vacation on STJ. How'd it go?
JT- I'll try to do ya proud brother....I'm traveling for business this week but I'm planning to do a wrap up report with some more dialog about how I liked STT compared to STJ and all that....
Peace.

Cid

Post by Cid »

Great pics you had Sherb.....
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]